Running tally of VIN #, order date and build date by Ranger5G member (2019 MY)

echosummit

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
When did you place your order. I have yet to receive ROVP approval from my dealer.
Just before the holidays. They lost their copy of my ID so they followed up on the 27th to get me to send another copy and sent me the confirmation on the 28th. My understanding is that the turnaround on an ROVP confirmation shouldn’t be more than a week, so I’d follow up with your dealership if you haven’t heard anything.
Sponsored

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
…..I saw on another thread where someone said all unscheduled retail orders would be batch scheduled on 1/21/2019. Can anyone on here validate that, please? What build dates would they receive?
My dealer told me the same thing when I called him Wednesday about an update on my order - all retail orders will be batch scheduled on 1/21. I know he had two approved ROVP orders that were entered well before mine as they were listed on the same confirmation page he scanned for me. Those two have not been scheduled yet either. If I understood him correctly, their stock orders for Rangers have been were scheduled.

So, if the information he has is correct, what's the deal about ROVP sales getting some kind of priority scheduling over dealer stock orders? Are these members on the board with scheduled builds true standalone pre-order ROVP sales, or did their dealers swap an already entered stock order for their order with the intention of using the ROVP order for stock when it comes in? I've lots of curiosity on this...

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer told me the same thing when I called him Wednesday about an update on my order - all retail orders will be batch scheduled on 1/21.
That was from me... Good to to hear confirmation from someone else. My dealer said his Ford rep told him that FWIW.

One Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
family fleet of 4
That was from me... Good to to hear confirmation from someone else. My dealer said his Ford rep told him that FWIW.

Thanks for the validation. Looks like we have two members being told the same thing,so it is probably true.

I've decided against the Tacoma--too many reviews talking about how cramped and uncomfortable the cabin is. I am searching from Dallas to Houston for Rangers similar to my order arriving at the dealers sooner than my order (whenever that gets scheduled--hopefully magically batched on 1/21).

Last edited:

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the validation. Looks like we have two members being told the same thing,so it is probably true.

I've decided against the Tacoma--too many reviews talking about how cramped and uncomfortable the cabin is. I am searching from Dallas to Houston for one arriving at the dealers sooner than my order (whenever that gets scheduled--hopefully magically batched on 1/21).
I've always wondered why so many very low mileage Tacomas where traded in. Local Ford dealer always seems to have one. They put this one out yesterday with 2400 miles on it. There has to be a reason they buy and soon afterwards trade in for another brand.

IMG_2013.jpg

ajvester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra

I've decided against the Tacoma--too many reviews talking about how cramped and uncomfortable the cabin is. I am searching from Dallas to Houston for Rangers similar to my order arriving at the dealers sooner than my order (whenever that gets scheduled--hopefully magically batched on 1/21).
I went and drove a Tacoma to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I wasn't.

I don't know how anyone lives with that engine/trans combo. You have to mash the gas to get it to go anywhere and it is not responsive at all. Also, I am only 5'6" and my head was only a few inches from the ceiling in a sunroof equipped Tacoma.

Before I knew the Ranger was coming out, I was about to put a deposit down on a Tacoma TRD Pro. I am really glad I waited now.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I went and drove a Tacoma to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I wasn't.

I don't know how anyone lives with that engine/trans combo. You have to mash the gas to get it to go anywhere and it is not responsive at all. Also, I am only 5'6" and my head was only a few inches from the ceiling in a sunroof equipped Tacoma.

Before I knew the Ranger was coming out, I was about to put a deposit down on a Tacoma TRD Pro. I am really glad I waited now.
Yeah, I don't know how people live with that engine/trans combo - it is terrible. I was really surprised how bad it was. While I liked a lot of things about the Tacoma, that was a deal killer for me. If you browse the Tacoma forums, you will see it is a VERY common complaint. The fan boys excuse it away saying "it is a truck, it isn't supposed to be fast". Sorry, that isn't how it should be, IMO.

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I don't know how people live with that engine/trans combo - it is terrible. I was really surprised how bad it was. While I liked a lot of things about the Tacoma, that was a deal killer for me. If you browse the Tacoma forums, you will see it is a VERY common complaint. The fan boys excuse it away saying "it is a truck, it isn't supposed to be fast". Sorry, that isn't how it should be, IMO.
The more and more I drive my Tacoma the more I hate it. It was just the "best" midsized truck I was looking for at the moment. I can't wait to get rid of it

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
I've always wondered why so many very low mileage Tacomas where traded in. Local Ford dealer always seems to have one. They put this one out yesterday with 2400 miles on it. There has to be a reason they buy and soon afterwards trade in for another brand.

IMG_2013.jpg
And my prediction is you're going to see a lot more. I'm a Toyota guy (by trade), I haven't even sat in a Ranger yet and I can see it is sooo much more truck than the Taco. When Ford was a sleep at the wheel and Toyota was pumping out 2nd gen Tacoma's, that's when the reputation started. However, I've never liked the jittery bouncy ride it has compared to my baby Tundra.
The '16 through current model is a complete joke. But you know Toyota has always been a copy cat and improve upon company. 2020 and beyond is going to get very interesting.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
And my prediction is you're going to see a lot more. I'm a Toyota guy (by trade), I haven't even sat in a Ranger yet and I can see it is sooo much more truck than the Taco. When Ford was a sleep at the wheel and Toyota was pumping out 2nd gen Tacoma's, that's when the reputation started. However, I've never liked the jittery bouncy ride it has compared to my baby Tundra.
The '16 through current model is a complete joke. But you know Toyota has always been a copy cat and improve upon company. 2020 and beyond is going to get very interesting.
I know several people with 2nd Gen Tacomas and those seem to be OK - they all like them. My brother installed a supercharger on his (for towing) and he LOVES it now. It just seems like they really missed the mark when they did the engine/trans on the 3rd Gen models. If they are going to remain competitive they are going to need to make some serious changes I think.

It does seem like they got the sales leader title almost by default - there wasn't much competition out there for quite a while - but that is quickly changing.

19SilverRanger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2012 Ford Mustang GT
That was from me... Good to hear confirmation from someone else. My dealer said his Ford rep told him that FWIW.
I got confirmation they will be batching recent orders on 1/21, and updates should be available around 1/25 after they are pushed to the dealers that Thursday.

I have a friend (my wife old boss) that works for a company that handles ordering for multiple Ford dealerships across the company using regional sales data and analytics. It's actually pretty cool.

I also got my ROVP confirmation from my dealer today. They got it this week while my salesman was out.

One Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
family fleet of 4
I got confirmation they will be batching recent orders on 1/21, and updates should be available around 1/25 after they are pushed to the dealers that Thursday.

I have a friend (my wife old boss) that works for a company that handles ordering for multiple Ford dealerships across the company using regional sales data and analytics. It's actually pretty cool.

I also got my ROVP confirmation from my dealer today. They got it this week while my salesman was out.

Thanks for all the info everyone! That is some really interesting stuff about the Toyota pick ups. I will NOT being ordering Tacos anywhere except at the restaurants. :shock:

My new dealer is still standing by his verbal "promise" that I will get a January build date and late February/early-March delivery. Perhaps, after the batch scheduling, they will run all the approved & scheduled ROVP orders down the line toward the end of January. In the mean time, if any dealer within 250 miles of me gets one close to my order, I'm calling them and driving there to go get. I'm on the X-Plan, so not much negotiating on my part. Just get me my Ranger now, dang it!

MrCrowley

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 WRX -> 2019 Ranger
Seems like the folks who ordered in December aren't getting much in the way of info. I just ordered one, Jan 8th. Got an order code but no Vin. Hoping to just get a nugget of info from Ford, just so I know how long I get to sit and wait.

Tinsoldieroh

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had an'86, a '94, and an '05. Left with wife's jeep until the '19 arrives
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Who knows what is actually going on. My truck shows 14 days to delivery, is still scheduled to be built Tuesday, built still shows "In Processing" and still has no sticker. ......
Sponsored