Running tally of VIN #, order date and build date by Ranger5G member (2019 MY)

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
5/21/19, I have a WBDO ? print out from dealer showing a build week of 7/8/19 and build date of 7/13/19. the order # is retail 913, vin 75957
Rich
hmmm. my VIN is 74518 with a build date of 7/19. I think someone cut in line.

I'm telling.
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
hmmm. my VIN is 74518 with a build date of 7/19. I think someone cut in line.

I'm telling.
They don't get built in VIN number order. My understanding is the VIN is assigned in the order of how they were received into the scheduling system, but then they get scheduled however the scheduling system thinks it makes sense based on parts availability, options, etc.

I know you were probably kidding, but I think a lot of people assume they are built in VIN order.

Caliope

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC 4WD Lariat, 2022 Bronco Sport OB
They don't get built in VIN number order. My understanding is the VIN is assigned in the order of how they were received into the scheduling system, but then they get scheduled however the scheduling system thinks it makes sense based on parts availability, options, etc.

I know you were probably kidding, but I think a lot of people assume they are built in VIN order.
I have VIN 70188 order date 3/25 build date 6/27 and another forum member from the same dealer is VIN 70186 order date 4/2 build date 7/8. VIN 70187 is from the same dealer as well but I don't know order/build date info.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I have VIN 70188 order date 3/25 build date 6/27 and another forum member from the same dealer is VIN 70186 order date 4/2 build date 7/8. VIN 70187 is from the same dealer as well but I don't know order/build date info.
I wonder if they were submitted to Ford at the same time even though the build dates were off by a bit? That is interesting.

Kiran Goveas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XL Saber
Placed an order for a truck three months ago and am still waiting. I am finding many other options elsewhere and am trying to get my deposit back but the dealer is giving me crap. Have any of you had experience with getting a deposit back on an ordered vehicle? I distinctly remember the sales rep telling me that if for any reason I wanted to back out, I could with a full refund.

PvtZoller

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Placed an order for a truck three months ago and am still waiting. I am finding many other options elsewhere and am trying to get my deposit back but the dealer is giving me crap. Have any of you had experience with getting a deposit back on an ordered vehicle? I distinctly remember the sales rep telling me that if for any reason I wanted to back out, I could with a full refund.
Did you pay with a credit card?

Kiran Goveas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XL Saber
Every credit card company protects purchases (the reputable ones anyway) go online or get on the phone you should be able to get that charged back if you need.
This is a good point, thank you. I will go to the dealer this afternoon and try to get a refund in person. If not, credit card company it is.

TacoHawkRanger

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Sport; 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Site Developer, USAF
I fought this exact fight. Ask them to prove that your truck has entered production. If it has not, tell them the wait is too long, and you are canceling your order. Unless you signed something saying that your deposit is non-refundable, it should be no issue at all.

If it's started physical production, it may be a sticky subject. If they give you any run-around, involve your credit card.

Good luck!

tny

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat 4x4
I took delivery of the Lariat supercab yesterday. The red is incredible, specially when the sun hits it at the proper angle and the elusive orange tinge shows up. I'll post some pictures when I have a chance.
As promised, pictures as proof of delivery.

PIC_139.jpg

PIC_142.jpg

PIC_143.jpg

PIC_144.jpg

Kiran Goveas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XL Saber
Trucks been built and has a VIN number so they are giving me a hard time. It sucks that when I ordered the truck they told me it was a 100% refundable deposit but they did not mention that it is contingent on if it was built or not.

I made a claim with my credit card company. For those of you who have also done this, were you successful in getting your money back?

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Trucks been built and has a VIN number so they are giving me a hard time. It sucks that when I ordered the truck they told me it was a 100% refundable deposit but they did not mention that it is contingent on if it was built or not.

I made a claim with my credit card company. For those of you who have also done this, were you successful in getting your money back?
If the truck has been built - you will have it in like 2-3 weeks.

why not just wait at this point?

Kiran Goveas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XL Saber
If the truck has been built - you will have it in like 2-3 weeks.

why not just wait at this point?
I traded my previous car in so it has been rough going minus a car for three months. That plus the fact that I am finding better deals on xlt's and other trucks in the area is pushing me to pull out of the deal
Sponsored