Running tally of VIN #, order date and build date by Ranger5G member (2019 MY)

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Hi RD

I got a VIN# 12606 build week 2/4

Looks like you're keeping busy with updates! I appreciate the timely updates!!

----

For those who didn't get verified at time of order....

I ordered on 9/10 but wasn't verified until 11/13. Ford evidently used the 9/10 date and not the 11/13. Bottom Line get verified ASAP tho it may not hold up your order.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Hi RD

I got a VIN# 12606 build week 2/4

Looks like you're keeping busy with updates! I appreciate the timely updates!!

----

For those who didn't get verified at time of order....

I ordered on 9/10 but wasn't verified until 11/13. Ford evidently used the 9/10 date and not the 11/13. Bottom Line get verified ASAP tho it may not hold up your order.
Updated.

That's good that Ford isn't punishing customers who have uninformed or lazy dealers. My dealer knew about the retail order program in Sept, but not all dealers are that savvy.

One Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
family fleet of 4
While I am happy to see all of you getting your VIN and build dates, I'm starting to get a little irritated with my dealer. Almost everyone with order dates before mine, and many after mine have VIN or build dates. I've contacted my dealer weekly for the last 3 weeks, trying to explain the ROVP to them. I did get a call on Nov. 9 where they asked for my drivers license and a the make and model of the auto I was driving. I thought that was getting me past the ROVP.

My dealer seems a bit clueless on the ROVP. I actually spelled it out to them today and asked them to look into it. I think I see some free accessories or window tint in my future negotiations.

How did you get your dealers to come up to speed on the order verification process?

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
While I am happy to see all of you getting your VIN and build dates, I'm starting to get a little irritated with my dealer. Almost everyone with order dates before mine, and many after mine have VIN or build dates. I've contacted my dealer weekly for the last 3 weeks, trying to explain the ROVP to them. I did get a call on Nov. 9 where they asked for my drivers license and a the make and model of the auto I was driving. I thought that was getting me past the ROVP.

My dealer seems a bit clueless on the ROVP. I actually spelled it out to them today and asked them to look into it. I think I see some free accessories or window tint in my future negotiations.

How did you get your dealers to come up to speed on the order verification process?
I saw the info posted on the forum, but not in a specific place. Let me search for it.

As for your dealer, escalate to the sales manager. Show them the forum if necessary.

Edit: created this thread: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/fords-retail-order-verification-program-explained.1376/

kep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
My small town dealer was up to speed before I was. But it is a family shop that's 2 generations old, and they love cars. I still remember back in the 70's watch the dealer drive his pantra to work.

Reactions: Ric

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like I got wrong initial info from my dealer, my actual build week is Jan 28.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer

Rangerdanger has been busy and posted in a separate thread (as he mentions)(Good Stuff RD). I also posted the ROVP document in the new thread that rangerdanger mentions. Print that and your dealer will be able to get it done.

Last edited:

One Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
family fleet of 4
Thanks for the info, everyone. I have sent 3 emails to my dealership today. If I don't have a VIN and build date by the time I get off work today, I will go directly to the dealer and see what's going on.

Ron_W

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape titanium, 2013 c-max
received my vin 11220, Build date 02/04

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Received my VIN - 03896; Order date of 10/23/18; no build date, but estimated delivery of 2/3/19

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Received my VIN - 03896; Order date of 10/23/18; no build date, but estimated delivery of 2/3/19
Nice! Build date should be similar to mine, as we have the same delivery date.

LBOWMAN

First Name
LARRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER LARIAT S/CREW , 2015 F150
Occupation
EQUIPMENT OPERATOR
Sorted by order date. Updated 11/30/2018 @ 2:15pm PST.

View attachment 1818

Data Breakdown:
  • 52 Ranger5G members have preordered
  • 24 members have VINs
  • 23 members have build dates
  • 15 members have delivery dates
  • @Schafies and @AnimeRanger87 have shortest time between build and delivery - 13 days
  • @kep has the longest time between build and delivery - 34 days
  • Average time between build and delivery date - 24 days
JUST RECIEVED DELIVERY DATE ESTIMATE 01/27/2019