Running tally of VIN #, order date and build date by Ranger5G member (2019 MY)

Bob Larimore

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue Lariat Ranger
Occupation
USMC Retired, Ford Transporter driver.
Vehicle Showcase
When to my dealer this afternoon to get to the bottom of what's going on. First of all, my salesman was able to pull up the internal tracking system for my VIN, and it does indeed show the last update as "Produced" on 2/6. No further updates.

He then explained that Ford has a warning system to alert a special team at the plant to physically touch a vehicle that reaches more than 14 days without any updates. That process was started on 2/19 on my vehicle and can take 7 days to complete. He showed me the screen and everything associated with this system.

Coincidentally 2/19 was the same day I asked my dealer to contact the Regional rep, so that may have possibly shook something loose.

I would be interested if that warning system was implemented for your Ranger @Andy.
@rangerdanger really hope you are able to get to the bottom of your situation and SOON!!
Sponsored

Bob Larimore

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
in general news, two of the Rangers on my dealers order form (last 5 of VINs: 16791 and 16792) now have window stickers and they where not originally scheduled for production until next Monday 2/25. I am optimistic that the plant is finally starting to get the process down and moving at a quicker pace. NOW if the transportation system can get it's act in gear too that would be NICE!!

Bob Larimore

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
@rangerdanger I would ask you to update my delivery date but it is all over the place, dealer shows week of March 25th, the tracker shows April 7th, pretty sure I am not going to hold my breath

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
FINALLY got a VIN for my Ranger! Now the countdown begins. Details below:

VIN: 1FTER4FH2KLA24463
Order Date: 12/19/18
Build Week: 3/18/19
Delivery: TBD

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 1.03.31 PM.png
how do you get your build week from that? mine has a delivery date. but no build week

kaltzbar

First Name
Barret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
how do you get your build week from that? mine has a delivery date. but no build week
My dealer told me the build week via email. Whether it’s true or not remains to be seen!

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Good luck Rangerdanger and Andy...you guys have waited waaaaay to long.

Reactions: Ric

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
My status this morning per a Ford employee on the Blue Oval forum that helped me out. Shaking my head. I am sure the upfitting facility the status reads is for the spray in bedliner. So ,much for a 2/18-2/24 dealer ETA.

"This Ranger hasn't gone anywhere except to another facility for upfitting. It is back, released and awaiting shipping.
Awaiting Shipment - Released Ford Michigan Assembly Plant, MI Feb-21-2019, 00:00 EST.
No available ETA."

Crismac

First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford Ranger XLT, 2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Railroad Conductor
Maybe it's a good thing my Ranger is taking a long time to getting here. I was in a car acident in my 98 Ranger the day of our last snow. Minor damage to the left front bumper took out the turn signal plastic housing and broke the headlight that still works. The guy I hit that ran a red light in his 07 Toyota Corolla, I smashed his left rear quarter panel, he did a 360 after we hit. (Your Ranger is a tank) . That was coming from the guy driving the Toyota Corolla . I love my Ranger and I am so glad that wasn't my new Ranger.

Crismac

First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford Ranger XLT, 2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Railroad Conductor
Oh and here is my latest, not much change. It moved up a day. Seven days left or so it says, I will believe this when I finally get the call from the dealership.
upload_2019-2-22_9-53-10.png

Last edited:

Bob Larimore

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
My status this morning per a Ford employee on the Blue Oval forum that helped me out. Shaking my head. I am sure the upfitting facility the status reads is for the spray in bedliner. So ,much for a 2/18-2/24 dealer ETA.

"This Ranger hasn't gone anywhere except to another facility for upfitting. It is back, released and awaiting shipping.
Awaiting Shipment - Released Ford Michigan Assembly Plant, MI Feb-21-2019, 00:00 EST.
No available ETA."
@SRAces was asking if your friend could give an update as to the production rate at the plant, how many per shift are they up to? The last I heard the best they had reached was 400 per shift but the goal was to try to get to 600 per shift. Wondering if they had increased.
Hope yours gets on a train soon!!!

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
@SRAces was asking if your friend could give an update as to the production rate at the plant, how many per shift are they up to? The last I heard the best they had reached was 400 per shift but the goal was to try to get to 600 per shift. Wondering if they had increased.
Hope yours gets on a train soon!!!
I keep track on the Blue Oval forums. They hit 550 I believe on one shift. Been a number of small issues that have affected the amount rolled out per shift. I am sure some of these issues couldn't be duplicated building the smaller number of pre-production units. Spent 10 years at the dealer level ordering Ford vehicles. I don't ever remember it being quite like this...lol!

One Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
family fleet of 4
Here's a small tidbit of totally useless information on how erratic the scheduling system appears to be:

• I ordered from dealer #1 on 8/25, they kept that order and it shows in the tracking system as a 3/31/2019 estimated delivery
  • I cancelled the above order, got my deposit back, and ordered an identical unit from dealer #2 on 12/13, and it shows 4/7/2019 as the estimated delivery date
So, ~4 months later on the ordering, I get my Ranger 1 week later than if I stayed with dealer #1. I'm much happier waiting one week.:clap:

I'm sure there is some logical reasoning, but I don't currently understand it. How does 4 months later in ordering relate to 1 week later for delivery? Both are 4x2, so I'm guessing Ford is prioritizing production by monetary return, and the hell with ROVP promises!

More craziness--both orders are now moved out to 4/14/2019 estimated delivery date per the highly accurate Ford web tracking site. I just pinged my salesman and asked him to look for dealer stock in the region that is close enough to what I want. I gave him a list of "must haves". If I'm lucky, I could be driving a new Ranger by the end of the day tomorrow.

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
More craziness--both orders are now moved out to 4/14/2019 estimated delivery date per the highly accurate Ford web tracking site. I just pinged my salesman and asked him to look for dealer stock in the region that is close enough to what I want. I gave him a list of "must haves". If I'm lucky, I could be driving a new Ranger by the end of the day tomorrow.
I feel your pain. But keep in mind that they didn't start building them until right after thanksgiving. Normally they are going to build units first for dealer stock and then start mixing in the retail sold orders. Go online to https://shop.ford.com/inventory/ranger/?gnav=footer-shop and look yourself. I just had Google up in another browser and looked up zip codes to plug in with a max 100 miles radius to see what was available. That's how I found my Lightning Blue Ranger. Told my dealer where it was. He said he would look through his locator tools as well for others. Told him he wouldn't find another one built east of the Mississippi. He said I was right...lol!
Sponsored