Running tally of VIN #, order date and build date by Ranger5G member (2020 MY)

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I was never quite clear on EXACTLY what the blend date was - or how long it takes to complete the build. If it can be completed in a day, it would be the build date - if it takes longer than a day, based on what you say, it would be when the assembly started.

For me, it is close enough to call the blend date the build date. But thanks for the info.
You're right. If the Ranger plant is like most, IIRC it takes like 20 hours from start to finish for an F-150.
Sponsored

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
Green borders indicate custom orders, blue indicate dealer orders.

That other number - not sure what it is, but it appears to be at least very close to your build date. On mine (custom order), my blend date (that is the date the truck is built), is 3/16/2019 - that date you reference on mine is 3/14/2019 - so maybe that is the date assembly started? And the blend date is the date it was completed? I'm not sure.

Edit - I did some googling and that date is the invoice date - this is for a Focus RS but the window sticker is the same - there are other links that tell you about a lot of the codes on the window sticker as well.:

https://www.focusrs.org/threads/window-sticker-guide-how-to-read.4248/
Thanks for the reply. Explains the different colors on the paper.

Tim H.

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4X4, 2016 Corvette Stingray
Occupation
REALTOR
I was never quite clear on EXACTLY what the blend date was - or how long it takes to complete the build. If it can be completed in a day, it would be the build date - if it takes longer than a day, based on what you say, it would be when the assembly started.

For me, it is close enough to call the blend date the build date. But thanks for the info.
Whenever you get your prize, the build date is on the door label. It’s a bit military style dating.

5B77A207-1871-482C-9FAB-53597A81DA1F.jpeg

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Whenever you get your prize, the build date is on the door label. It’s a bit military style dating.

5B77A207-1871-482C-9FAB-53597A81DA1F.jpeg
Technically, that is the "blend" date which is what I was referring to earlier and questioning what that really means. It sounds like that might mean the day assembly STARTED, and if it does (as Jim said) take about 20 hours to complete assembly, then the build would be completed on day 3 down the line.

For me, whether it is the day it completed assembly or the day it started assembly, it is close enough to call it a build date.

Sorry if that all sounds picky - I'm a programmer by trade and programming requires precise definitions. Sometimes if sounds like splitting hairs. It drives my wife nuts sometimes. :LOL:

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Edge Sport
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
It may be that something with the Military Auto Source process does not work with the regular tools. available. If it is on a railcar in transit, you should have it soon.
Yeah that's what I figured. It will be torture in the meantime!

Nevada_Bob

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat
When am I going to get an imagined ride in that new toy, or did I miss it? I may have to imagine a ride the next time you're out. :) Post some pics when you get a chance. Mine still says "order confirmed".....dang it.
Picked it up on Saturday!

Here's the timeline

Ordered : July 26
Received VIN: August 8
Blend Date: September 10
Delivery Date: October 1

Ranger.jpg

Ranger_4.jpg

Last edited:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Picked it up on Saturday!

Here's the timeline

Ordered : July 26
Received VIN: August 8
Blend Date: September 10
Delivery Date: October 1

Ranger.jpg

Ranger_4.jpg
Doug, as we say in the south, "That right there's purdy." Hard to beat a red with black accents. Enjoy

BTW, that looks like the time line mine is on.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
Doug, as we say in the south, "That right there's purdy." Hard to beat a red with black accents. Enjoy

BTW, that looks like the time line mine is on.
I bought mine because it was unique. You guys need to quit copying me. Rapid Red and BAP is no longer that unique

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I bought mine because it was unique. You guys need to quit copying me. Rapid Red and BAP is no longer that unique
But Earl, it's a compliment. They want to be just like you when they grow up. :)

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
But Earl, it's a compliment. They want to be just like you when they grow up. :)
Oh hell, I don't even know what I want to be when I grow up

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
@Nevada_Bob Well sir, I'm still waiting. As I understand I hit a bad time to order. It got caught up in the plant making test runs of the Bronco, so mine order has just sat there. My sales guy says he got the TPW (Target Production Week) of 11/16. So, hopefully that will stand as I've heard it through the grapevine that the plant has started on Rangers again. And BTW, I know the dang VIN by heart now that I've checked it so much. :)

BTW, I hope you are enjoying your Ranger. I know I have while imagining riding in it. :like:

Last edited:

Nevada_Bob

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat
Well sir, I'm still waiting.
Damn, sorry to hear that.

On a positive note, yours will be among the last of the 2020 models, making it exceedingly rare and valuable. I'm certain you'll find it well worth the wait. Hopefully there will be favorable rebates available when it arrives.

I am enjoying mine. Just turned 1,000 miles!

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Damn, sorry to hear that.

On a positive note, yours will be among the last of the 2020 models, making it exceedingly rare and valuable. I'm certain you'll find it well worth the wait. Hopefully there will be favorable rebates available when it arrives.

I am enjoying mine. Just turned 1,000 miles!
I've been watching the rebates, and hoping they might increase. I just got an email from Farm Bureau with a $1000 rebate, and that one made me smile. That along with the hopefully $1750 from Ford will help a lot. Also, I figured the truck would be closer to a '21 than a '20. I'll keep ya updated.
Sponsored