njrucci

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Rough country 2.5” front but it doesn’t come with a set so do I want 1” in rear?
the Eibach set comes with a 3.0” front and 1” rear
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
If you are looking for a good effective lift I would suggest the Old Man EMU. It lifts the front by 2.4 and rear by 1.6. Ride quality is nice and offroad capabilities are improved. Other lifts use blocks in the rear as for Old Man EMU replaces the leaf springs.

Now if I had to choose between rough country and Eibach then I would choose Eibach. It's your call on what you do.

AutobotXJ

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Wildlife Biologist
I would go with the eibach unless you want the lifted rear in one kit. RC is a decent lift but has a reputation to be more... rough....

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
I have an Eibach kit and BDS rear shackles sitting in the back of my truck right now.. Figuring out who's gonna do the install. Shackles are another option! No axle wrap!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have an Eibach kit and BDS rear shackles sitting in the back of my truck right now.. Figuring out who's gonna do the install. Shackles are another option! No axle wrap!
Hi Joseph,

Shackle brackets have a very hard life.... Beware! I have a saying.... "if God wants to punish you in your next life...he will make you a shackle..."

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I’d go with Eibach. I’m using a set with stock springs and have no regrets whatsoever.

DocE3Gun

First Name
Dillen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
I just did the Eibach Pro Truck kit after looking at several options. Rides noticeably better than stock (FX4), sits level after adding the 1" rear block.

We installed the front first, and the front of the truck from floor to fender was around 38.5" on both sides and around 37.5" for both sides on the back. Went ahead and added the rear blocks and it's as level as it can get.

I had a Rough Country 6" lift on my F250 and will say that is was a harder ride.

If doing more offroading, I probably would have gone with a nicer coilover kit with more capability.

OP
OP
njrucci

njrucci

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I just did the Eibach Pro Truck kit after looking at several options. Rides noticeably better than stock (FX4), sits level after adding the 1" rear block.

We installed the front first, and the front of the truck from floor to fender was around 38.5" on both sides and around 37.5" for both sides on the back. Went ahead and added the rear blocks and it's as level as it can get.

I had a Rough Country 6" lift on my F250 and will say that is was a harder ride.

If doing more offroading, I probably would have gone with a nicer coilover kit with more capability.
what slot did you put the front c clip in?
And I did not get blocks. Right now the front sits at 36” and the rear is at 38.5. So I am hoping it will level the truck out at 38.5 front and rear (without blocks) also I am in stalling it as we speak.

DED730DC-F81F-4C38-BE8A-6DC5E9336371.jpeg

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
@njrucci
Can you post picture or measure the length difference between the eibach and the stock front shock length? If you dont have it installed yet. (Im talkin uninstalled, fully extended, bare shock length)

Thanks

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
I have the Eibach kit. You're going to want to use the lowest c clip channel for 3" lift and the second one up for 3.75 (if you have a heavy front bumper+winch). I forgot the bump stops the first time and had to tear it apart again, so don't be like me!

DocE3Gun

First Name
Dillen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
what slot did you put the front c clip in?
And I did not get blocks. Right now the front sits at 36” and the rear is at 38.5. So I am hoping it will level the truck out at 38.5 front and rear (without blocks) also I am in stalling it as we speak.

DED730DC-F81F-4C38-BE8A-6DC5E9336371.jpeg
I used the lowest setting (3”)

I have a Decked system in the bed with guns, ammo, and gear. I needed the 1” block to keep me perfectly level, but once everything settled, I’m JUST slightly nose down by maybe .5”

I’m near the Lake Of the Ozarks in Missouri with a lot of twisty and windy roads and this suspension has shown to be a nice upgrade after pushing things a hair more than I could with the FX4 suspension
Sponsored