2019 ranger xlt 4x4
Occupation
Amazon
So I got my first ranger fellas!
It’s a 2019 xlt 4x4
I’m loving it !
Im coming from a 2018 mustang 5.0
Had it full bolt on and on e85

I’m not too savvy in the truck world, any feed back is appreciated!

I’m looking into the 3.5 lift kit from rough country, is there any cutting or other alternations to install this kit ? And would I be able to clear 33’s ? Looking to go with a 17inch rim
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
My question to you is what are you really looking to get out of lift kit? Are you only looking for looks or do you want functionality? To my understanding most lift kits including the Rough Country are going to be spacer lifts which are more for looks over functionality. Yes some others on here might disagree with me but it is the straight truth. If you are looking for functionality and are wanting a good lift kit I would suggest the Old Man EMU lift kit by ARB. I personally have this kid on my truck and I can tell you it is wonderful. What all came with it? I got all shocks for front and rear along with Hugh Springs up-front and replacement leaf springs in the rear. Thankfully being automotive mechanic in the field at the time of installation I did the work myself and was able to save a little bit of money there. I want to say it took me about eight hours to do the install with an alignment if I remember correctly. Now you're probably wondering about quality? That's okay I can answer that too. For women it is made in Australia which I will say Australia does make some good products. Like other places so you can make some bad stuff too but old man emu is one of the nice quality lift kits you can get. To put simple you do get a lift of 2.4 in in the front and 1.6 in in the rear and it still allows your truck to be practical as a truck and as a off-road machine. You do get to keep your towing capacity with a standard kit. For the ride quality it becomes a nice balanced feel. I have had plenty of other people ride in the truck and they have loved it compared to stock Rangers. Going off-road I can tell you the kit does well since that allows way more flexibility and both the rear and the front of the vehicle. My truck and fortunately does not have a locker so I got to experience the lovely teeter-totter effect and had to reshoot one spot to get through. With this lift kit I was able to get through the same spot with no problems whatsoever. Why you might ask? Well I wasn't Maxine out the rear suspension because I had way more clearance. If I installed blocks or spacers in the rear I would have Max the suspension out and would have had the same effect as stock. For towing the vehicle does well. If anything you just have to have one hell of a drop hitch because the back of the truck sets fairly High. Also when you look at the cost it's pretty nice for what you get. That's what I like to call cost-effective. If you haven't seen it already there is a thread on here about the old man emu suspension. I started the thread just because I knew that it was coming out. I also started a thread for how well the truck did with Towing.

I hope this helps.

Here are some pictures with the old man emu suspension

0906201648.jpg

0906201739_HDR.jpg

0803201851.jpg

0719201535_HDR.jpg

0509201243.jpg

0509201455.jpg

0509201513.jpg

Glocker

First Name
John