ROTW strut spacers

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
So these arrived today and I will take one for the team to see if they work for us. In theory if they do any of the other over seas lifts should work as well if someone was interested in something different and the Aussies seem to have a wide range of different lifts.

They are 25mm, a bit less than 1" and supposed to give 38mm or around 1.5" of lift. I thought Id try it and see, should still have a good rake to it.

I cant properly test fit with the strut installed, but setting them on top of it as best as I can it sure looks like it will fit. Weathers crappy here and the garage floor is a mess, so it may be a bit before I actually get to install it, but I,ll update when I do.

BTW, ordered Sat. the 23rd and here today from Malaysia, WOW
spacers.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Neal Cassady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I believe that a 25 mm spacer will not completely cover your OEM top mount studs (about 7 mm of stud will protrude above the spacer surface). So you'd have to cut them down flush with the top of the spacer to be able to install the assembly.

Keep us posted.

OP
OP
toddiscdn

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
I believe you are right on that, Im prepared for that a can even machine up some aluminum plate to match to make it a bit thicker if I want a bit more.

Neal Cassady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Nice! A 7 mm plate to cover the studs (32 mm total spacer) will give about 2.25" lift from the motion ratio I calculated. 10 mm plate (35 mm total) gets you 2.5" lift.

OP
OP
toddiscdn

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Ok, I finally got these in today, here are some key notes.

- Center hole in spacer is a few mm smaller then the OD of the "Top Hat" on our strut, so I had to machine it out a bit. Dont ask how much as I wasnt using precision equipment:blush:

- This applies to a lot of the leveling kits, but getting the bottom splined strut bolts out is a pain in the ass without a press. I heard earlier of someone using heat so I used my torch and it worked, but still no fun

- One side took about 3 hrs including hogging out the center of both spacers....other side took about an hour.

Im happy with how it turned out, but given whats available now it might not be worth it unless you have some machining tools to fix the fit issue.

It gave a little more than the advertised 1.5", from 35.5" to a bit more than 37" at fender lip.

Pic.s to follow.

OP
OP
toddiscdn

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Sorry about the blurry pics, I'll try to get better ones later. And yes, I had to nip a bit off the top of the strut studs.

20190329_091621.jpg

20190329_112212.jpg
20190329_142141.jpg
20190329_142155.jpg
20190329_144933.jpg

Last edited: