First Name
Drake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legacy GTB, RX7 FD, soon buying a ranger
Occupation
Technician at Subaru
Sad day. Make sure you protect your truck from rock chips. I've only had this thing for like 8 months and it's so chipped from one winter. Saw this crap only after giving my truck a good clean.

20210407_190140.jpg

20210407_190144.jpg
Sponsored

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
This and then this. You're welcome.

arbjosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Fx4
Occupation
Arborist
I feel like the paint on these trucks are so ridiculously thin. Had mine for a month and a half and already have 4 noticable chips in the paint. My 15 year old F250 with 140k miles had 0. I ordered some 3M vinyl film on Amazon and am going to try installing it this weekend. Also 2 chips in the windshield as well. Seriously I feel like Ford skimped out on the paint for these trucks.

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
I feel like the paint on these trucks are so ridiculously thin. Had mine for a month and a half and already have 4 noticable chips in the paint. My 15 year old F250 with 140k miles had 0. I ordered some 3M vinyl film on Amazon and am going to try installing it this weekend. Also 2 chips in the windshield as well. Seriously I feel like Ford skimped out on the paint for these trucks.
These days most manufacturers have moved to the water borne base coat/ clear coat systems which are more environmentally friendly than traditional bc/cc systems but not as tough against the elements.

Sheepdog

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SuperCrew 4x2 XL
Occupation
Retired police officer
If you modify your truck in a way that increases rock chips (bigger tires, aftermarket wheels and/or wheel spacers, lift kits), you'll get more rock chips. It shouldn't be a surprise...

OP
OP
DrizzyDrake

DrizzyDrake

First Name
Drake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technician at Subaru
If you modify your truck in a way that increases rock chips (bigger tires, aftermarket wheels and/or wheel spacers, lift kits), you'll get more rock chips. It shouldn't be a surprise...
This is all from an OEM setup. Only thing was winter tires... Because well, winter. I only lifted it two days ago.

Sheepdog

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired police officer
Do they sand the roads there in Canadia? That would explain all of it...

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Sad day. Make sure you protect your truck from rock chips. I've only had this thing for like 8 months and it's so chipped from one winter. Saw this crap only after giving my truck a good clean.

20210407_190140.jpg

20210407_190144.jpg

You forgot to show us the picture with how much your wheels poke out. (I dunno maybe they don't lol)

I added flares not really to protect against rock chips, but because if it rained or something it just nastified the entire sides of my truck. Without flares I have almost a good 2" of poke.

If my truck is going to get dirty then let it get dirty from shit to make it get dirty, not going down the road to Kroger to buy some groceries.

HDA

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Shadow Black
Occupation
Travel X-ray Tech
Don't sweat it man, from far away it doesn't look bad and in reality only you will notice it. It's just the way it is.

OP
OP
DrizzyDrake

DrizzyDrake

First Name
Drake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technician at Subaru
Do they sand the roads there in Canadia? That would explain all of it...
Rocks, salt, sand, beat juice (not a joke). I'll touch it up and 3M it. Because the chunky tires will now only throw bigger rocks. Mud flaps are also in the future if I can find some way to quick release them for offroad. Maybe motorcycle clips ?

OP
OP
DrizzyDrake

DrizzyDrake

First Name
Drake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technician at Subaru
You forgot to show us the picture with how much your wheels poke out. (I dunno maybe they don't lol)

I added flares not really to protect against rock chips, but because if it rained or something it just nastified the entire sides of my truck. Without flares I have almost a good 2" of poke.

If my truck is going to get dirty then let it get dirty from shit to make it get dirty, not going down the road to Kroger to buy some groceries.
The chips are from stock setup. Only just added the lift and tires two days ago. Still stock wheels so no poke
20210407_190049.jpg

OP
OP
DrizzyDrake

DrizzyDrake

First Name
Drake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technician at Subaru
Don't sweat it man, from far away it doesn't look bad and in reality only you will notice it. It's just the way it is.
I know, but it still hurts every time I wash it since its still new ?

Sheepdog

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired police officer
My wife's custom-ordered European Delivery BMW Track Pack car got some rock chips from us taking turns lapping the Nurburgring Nordschleife at triple-digit speeds and from repeatedly maxxing out her car against it's 155 mph electronic speed limiter on the German Autobahns- we actually think her rock chips are pretty cool, because of where and how we got them...

IMG_4448.jpg
idNjM4MTMyMTlkOTFhYzI2YQ==-a812f60f4b88d1157a5bcf58e8d4fb9c.jpg
20141002_065419.jpg
20141009_092926.jpg
Sponsored