VentureRanger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Hello All,

I'm trying to find the Stock rim load rating for the sport package rims, is this even important? I'm looking into rims and I'm seeing most of them are between 1800-2500+ lbs. From what I understand and, I can be totally wrong is the load rating is distributed to the 4 wheels plus the weight in the bed. For example the weight of the truck is over 4000lbs. So Im assuming 1000lbs go to each wheel (in a perfect world). I'm just trying to find out what the stock load rating is, just so I don't go below that.

I guess my second questions, still relevant to rims is, whats a winter approved alloy and how is it different to a non winter approved? Is it more susceptible to cracking, or is a paint thing?

Let me know your insights

Thanks,

Petr
Sponsored

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 / 2017 Escape SE FWD
I can’t help on the weight questions, but I can offer this:

- What size of rim are you talking 18, 17, 16?
- The “preferred package “ from the dealer (Meadowvale Ford in Mississauga) gave me Firestone WinterForce 2 rubber, on 16 inch grey/silver steelies. They did their job, but it was a relatively mild winter here.

Will be switching back to the stock Hankook’s (18 inch wheels) in another week or three. In a Lariat with Sport package and FX4 for what it’s worth....

OP
OP
VentureRanger

VentureRanger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
I can’t help on the weight questions, but I can offer this:

- What size of rim are you talking 18, 17, 16?
- The “preferred package “ from the dealer (Meadowvale Ford in Mississauga) gave me Firestone WinterForce 2 rubber, on 16 inch grey/silver steelies. They did their job, but it was a relatively mild winter here.

Will be switching back to the stock Hankook’s (18 inch wheels) in another week or three. In a Lariat with Sport package and FX4 for what it’s worth....
They are 17", I'm more looking to run them all year round, so really want to stick with alloys. Just not sure what this "winter approved" means

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
I bought a set of the inexpensive silver XL/XLT 17" wheels for winter, and they have no noticeable corrosion after one winter in the salt. About $110 each on eBay last time I looked.

sgtfluffy16

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota tundra
I am looking for rather the same type of information. similar use, for a trailer. 15x7 aluminum wheels from a 92 ranger. they look exactly like the American racing ar62 wheels. How do we find or obtain this "maximum wheel capacity load" rating of an OE ford wheel when it is not stamped into the wheel itself like other manufacturers do?
Sponsored