Ride Vibration

Viator092

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BMW 440i, 15 VW Golf TDI, 19 Ford Ranger Lariat
I have a Lariat Super Crew FX4 with a 3 inch Ready Lift and Nitto 285/60R18s on +18 wheels. I get a vibe in the frame, steering wheel and cabin at 65 mph on up. Aligned after lift. Road force balanced wheels. Tires all equal pressure. I threw the OEMs back on and all is well.

What gives? Bad tire? Can't think of anything else.
Sponsored

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
I have a Lariat Super Crew FX4 with a 3 inch Ready Lift and Nitto 285/60R18s on +18 wheels. I get a vibe in the frame, steering wheel and cabin at 65 mph on up. Aligned after lift. Road force balanced wheels. Tires all equal pressure. I threw the OEMs back on and all is well.

What gives? Bad tire? Can't think of anything else.
New aftermarket wheels as well?
If not, then yeah I would suspect either a bad tire or someone was bad at balancing them.

OP
OP

Viator092

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, XD Series Machetes. I had them balanced again after the install and then again with road force balancing. Guy at tire shop says they need to be balanced many times over a 10,000 mile break in. I don't go back to that place.

CoMtnRanger

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger STX Supercab 4X4, 3" lift
Occupation
Engineer
A tire can be in balance and not be round, I had that happen on my first Ranger in 04.... one front tire was running out of round, and the opposite side had a ton of weights (which was the clue). The tire shop showed me the tire was in balance, then I pointed out it was not round by at least 1/8 inch, they replaced the tire and no more problems.

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Sounds like a tire and likely a front one based on what you say you’re experiencing.

OP
OP

Viator092

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Back to shop that installed wheels and tires. I had rebalanced them elsewhere btw. The install shop says yup, out of balance and they note the other weights. Says good to go now after a rebalance. Still a vibe at 65-70 but not as pronounced. Hub centric rings on order and scheduled for tomorrow for install.

OP
OP

Viator092

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hub centric rings fixed the problem. Wish the shop would have put them on during the initial install. Not the first after market wheels I’ve bought but first experience requiring hub centric rings.

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
Hub centric rings fixed the problem. Wish the shop would have put them on during the initial install. Not the first after market wheels I’ve bought but first experience requiring hub centric rings.
Glad you got it sorted out Jeff! Thanks for the follow up.
Sponsored