Review - Max Liner by Smartliners

Enitan

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
So I’m getting ready to move up north and the carpeted liners just weren’t gonna do it. They’d be trashed within a day. Enter in my search for something a bit more durable. After crawling the threads for days I settled on the max liners.

Thickness 9/10
Flexibility 10/10
Ease of install 10/10
Durability (TBD)
Packaging 10/10 (thick box and two pieces of plastic wrap)
Overall initial impressions 9.8/10

Here come the pics!

Initial opening:
After getting them out of the box, front and back were packaged separately, easy open plastic.

Front:

CAE9EE38-9663-476C-A2CF-DEA695321C6E.jpeg

Back:

C5C9E2CF-4027-4A7A-B5DB-7F32C7AC0815.jpeg

Coverage:
I placed the factory carpet on top so you can see the extra coverage afforded.

Front:

FEED54E6-4FCD-44F7-A3F2-01CC8ED4DBE2.jpeg

Back:

897365A6-B6CA-4864-9324-B4DB44945736.jpeg

Installation and fir back:

Installation went super easy for the back. Only tip here: LIFT THE SEAT UP. Once I did that took me less than 30 seconds. Back installed, coverage and fit:

D25F4128-75DC-4D91-8FD7-B62268178CD5.jpeg

FB859E5D-17CA-4F79-A42D-5F084989AB78.jpeg

70CA616D-6B00-4C06-845E-CDEA7123084B.jpeg

A5C5A7C5-0402-46B3-862D-2497B12FA63D.jpeg

Front installation and fit:

The worst part was removing the factory mats. Boy they were attached. However once getting them out and after lining up the holes, these were a perfect fit and a small amount of pressure and I was greeted with a nice “snap” and they were locked in place!

Passenger install, fit and coverage:

B510C1A6-9B19-433F-B417-13224C6D6688.jpeg

AE1B790D-FBBD-4514-8A00-7F59F4FA0DBA.jpeg

Driver install, fit and coverage:

89436590-84CA-42A5-90C8-E16D31D1E405.jpeg

6151AC79-52C2-4505-9D97-E2E003363BAB.jpeg

These don’t come up as far to the jam as the weather tech which I like, I’m paranoid about rubbing the door or seals.

Overall highly satisfied and saved nearly 25% off vs the weather techs and huskies.

Thanks for checking y’all!
Sponsored

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
I have those on my list. If Santa doesn't bring them I will purchase after Christmas.

The fit looks good.

OP
OP
Enitan

Enitan

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
I have those on my list. If Santa doesn't bring them I will purchase after Christmas.

The fit looks good.
Hopefully Santa is good to you. Otherwise no milk and cookies next year haha

For the price I’m very pleased with them. My 90 year old grandma got in and I didn’t mention them to her and first words out of her was “those mats are nice” so she noticed the difference immediately.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Those look like they fit well! The only other thing I noticed is that they don’t go quite as high up the dead pedal as my Huskyliners do, but that’s not a big deal if you don’t use it!

OP
OP
Enitan

Enitan

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Those look like they fit well! The only other thing I noticed is that they don’t go quite as high up the dead pedal as my Huskyliners do, but that’s not a big deal if you don’t use it!
I noticed that myself but it isn’t very short. They fit right into place with no funky acrobatics required.

The dead pedal itself is pretty tough feeling. FWIW should clean fairly easily if needed it’s about maybe 1/2” if that? Can measure or grab other pics if you want.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I noticed that myself but it isn’t very short. They fit right into place with no funky acrobatics required.

The dead pedal itself is pretty tough feeling. FWIW should clean fairly easily if needed it’s about maybe 1/2” if that? Can measure or grab other pics if you want.
All good, just pointing out that It had slightly less coverage there for anyone comparing.

OP
OP
Enitan

Enitan

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
All good, just pointing out that It had slightly less coverage there for anyone comparing.
Oh no worries at all. This is by far one of the best most active car groups I’ve been in and I don’t think I’ve met an unfriendly person here once so I figured I’d offer just in case y’all were interested or comparing or what not.

Dusting_for_vomit

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I've had my set of MaxLiners for about a month now, and Im actually fairly unhappy. For one, the clips not seem to want to stay clipped, and I've broken two of said clips trying to get them back into place. Has anyone noticed anything similar? Maybe im doing to wrong haha? They also feel kinda slick compared to other tray style mats i've used in the past. Considering a return if I cant get this figured out.

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
My beautiful bride got a set of these for me over Christmas. I like them they are more plastic then rubbery, but I'm fine with that because they do keep water and junk in the liner. So I'm very happy.

Regarding the snaps I found it looks like a two piece setup and the part that seems to break actually screws into the hole on the Matt

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
Yup clips broke after a week and returned mine.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
look great! mind if you post where you bought them (link) and the price and shipping? i was going to get the husky liners but if the price is better i will go this route. I have loads of owner points with Ford but i dont like the oem rubber liners, i f i have melted snow and mud i prefer that it stays in a solid tray and not dribble out from a flexible rubber one.

yours look very similar to the ones i bought for my F150, different name though. Only issue i had with mine was the push together plastic grommet that attached to the floor came out after a few years, i hot melt glued them back on and never moved again. I had also bought a no name one for the back seat, only issue i had was the fit around the rear doors, curled up and was a foot catch so i used a heat gun to soften them and then a box knife for a couple of relief cuts and they stayed put after cooling.

So I’m getting ready to move up north and the carpeted liners just weren’t gonna do it. They’d be trashed within a day. Enter in my search for something a bit more durable. After crawling the threads for days I settled on the max liners.

Thickness 9/10
Flexibility 10/10
Ease of install 10/10
Durability (TBD)
Packaging 10/10 (thick box and two pieces of plastic wrap)
Overall initial impressions 9.8/10

Here come the pics!

Initial opening:
After getting them out of the box, front and back were packaged separately, easy open plastic.

Front:

CAE9EE38-9663-476C-A2CF-DEA695321C6E.jpeg

Back:

C5C9E2CF-4027-4A7A-B5DB-7F32C7AC0815.jpeg

Coverage:
I placed the factory carpet on top so you can see the extra coverage afforded.

Front:

FEED54E6-4FCD-44F7-A3F2-01CC8ED4DBE2.jpeg

Back:

897365A6-B6CA-4864-9324-B4DB44945736.jpeg

Installation and fir back:

Installation went super easy for the back. Only tip here: LIFT THE SEAT UP. Once I did that took me less than 30 seconds. Back installed, coverage and fit:

D25F4128-75DC-4D91-8FD7-B62268178CD5.jpeg

FB859E5D-17CA-4F79-A42D-5F084989AB78.jpeg

70CA616D-6B00-4C06-845E-CDEA7123084B.jpeg

A5C5A7C5-0402-46B3-862D-2497B12FA63D.jpeg

Front installation and fit:

The worst part was removing the factory mats. Boy they were attached. However once getting them out and after lining up the holes, these were a perfect fit and a small amount of pressure and I was greeted with a nice “snap” and they were locked in place!

Passenger install, fit and coverage:

B510C1A6-9B19-433F-B417-13224C6D6688.jpeg

AE1B790D-FBBD-4514-8A00-7F59F4FA0DBA.jpeg

Driver install, fit and coverage:

89436590-84CA-42A5-90C8-E16D31D1E405.jpeg

6151AC79-52C2-4505-9D97-E2E003363BAB.jpeg

These don’t come up as far to the jam as the weather tech which I like, I’m paranoid about rubbing the door or seals.

Overall highly satisfied and saved nearly 25% off vs the weather techs and huskies.

Thanks for checking y’all!

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
look great! mind if you post where you bought them (link) and the price and shipping? i was going to get the husky liners but if the price is better i will go this route. I have loads of owner points with Ford but i dont like the oem rubber liners, i f i have melted snow and mud i prefer that it stays in a solid tray and not dribble out from a flexible rubber one.

yours look very similar to the ones i bought for my F150, different name though. Only issue i had with mine was the push together plastic grommet that attached to the floor came out after a few years, i hot melt glued them back on and never moved again. I had also bought a no name one for the back seat, only issue i had was the fit around the rear doors, curled up and was a foot catch so i used a heat gun to soften them and then a box knife for a couple of relief cuts and they stayed put after cooling.
Do not buy these. They look great but the plastic clips are cheap and will break. They are also a little slick I returned mine and got the Huskies. The Huskies on Amazon was a 10 dollar difference in price.

OP
OP
Enitan

Enitan

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Yup clips broke after a week and returned mine.
will reply below

I got these offa Amazon. $129.99 free prime shipping.

link: MAXLINER Custom Fit Floor Mats 2 Row Liner Set Black for 2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Cab https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TZT1WB4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_o8mtEb0C4NVSQ

These have been surviving fun upstate western NY winter thus far without any complaints by me. Believe me they’re being abused lol in and out in nasty clay mud, slush, salt, two big dogs, tons of melted snow, about a half dozen removals to check the carpet, I have absolutely zero complaints. My only complaint? I couldn’t find them for my beater truck.

They also have survived my other half thus far. Whose nicknames include: destroyer of electronic devices, destroyer of appliances, destroyer of vehicle exteriors, destroyer of vehicle interiors, all around head mess up anything new/nice I've never in my life known anyone as rough on things. I pull the mats and looks factory new underneath (I wish my speaker grill could say the same someone thinks the door is a foot kick to make it open easier )

The rear is surviving the dogs - a massive male Pitt/lab mix and a big female Pitt (mixed with lord knows what) they love the truck and going front to back, back to front, seat to floor, floor to seat. I’ve noticed no deformities in three months of heavy use. — well unless you count being dirty other than that they’ve performed admirably.

Do not buy these. They look great but the plastic clips are cheap and will break. They are also a little slick I returned mine and got the Huskies. The Huskies on Amazon was a 10 dollar difference in price.
At my time of purchase it was a lot more than $10. Thus far I’m quite pleased and impressed with these. After several removals, cleanings and reinstalls the clips on mine are just as firm as the day they arrived. Perhaps you received defective set? I’ve experienced nothing like you’ve described. I’m not discounting what you say but a possibility that maybe just a bad set?

RangerCoby

First Name
Coby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Super Crew Lariat FX4
Any tips to removing the factory carpet mats? I've been considering the MaxLiners also.

OP
OP
Enitan

Enitan

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Any tips to removing the factory carpet mats? I've been considering the MaxLiners also.
Mine came with factory stuff, pulled straight up at clips and came right out. I’m storing them for when I decide in a decade time for a new truck lol
Sponsored