REQUEST: Bull Ring Tie Downs

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
The staff at Bull Rings would like someone to check the specs on the openings in the bed.

Can someone fulfill their request, whoever doesn’t have a drop-in or spray-in bedliner?
Any update on this? I tried looking for it on line, and nothing so far.

donwerner04

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Those are not holes for the LED Lights, I installed the Ford Accessories Lumen Lighting kit a few weeks ago. It involves drilling holes in the bed. Great kit though.

Legalkill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 Sport, 1994 XLT, 1979 F-100
Those look great if they will fit over the plastic bed rail cover.

I tried a different rail mounted clamp tie. The biggest issue is that the bed rail is not that substantial in terms of bending. The plastic is also soft and will deform from clamping. Any good amount of ratcheting could bend the top rail and leave impressions in the plastic cap. Also my bed rail has space in-between the bed rail and cap lip.

My solution was to just put V-rings in the the existing holes at the front and rear. Plan to only use the clamp ties when needing extra support depending on load and take off after use. We did use the clamp tie downs with the existing tie downs to carry some cabinets. They performed well, the load did not move and the clamps held fine with about a 200 lb load of boxed cabinets and sink.
Sponsored