Remote start

Pyungshin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, Supercab
Vehicle Showcase
The infrastructure for remote starting via Ford Pass is in-place on my vehicle as I use the app on my Android phone frequently. I have a 2019 Ranger Lariat and did not receive a Key Fob with a remote start button. I'd like the fob with remote start so I could start the truck from inside my work place (cell phones not allowed). Is it a simple, albeit expensive, key fob replacement, or is there more to it? Thanks for your time.
Sponsored

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Simple plug and play, you use your remote that you have now.

spartan0078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger lariat
Occupation
Railroader
Only problem I had with it was its slow response and or lack of. I'm too impatient so I bought the StartX remote kit. Wam, bam thank you for starting quickly.

https://remotestartx.com/vehicle/20...tart-remote-starter-no-honk-lock-unlock-lock/
I'd love to know of they plan to make one of these for the 2021 models. I was pretty salty about having to pay 3k just for the remote start option on my lariat trim level, had zero interest in the B&O sound system and Rain sensing wipers.

I was wondering if the 2020 version would work, but I'm hesitant to try it and screw something up.

Jamesb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, Build Date 12/19
Occupation
Engineering
I'd love to know of they plan to make one of these for the 2021 models. I was pretty salty about having to pay 3k just for the remote start option on my lariat trim level, had zero interest in the B&O sound system and Rain sensing wipers.
Ah, but don't forget about the coveted engine bay cover. :LOL:

spartan0078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger lariat
Occupation
Railroader
Is that the option I had to buy to get the engine cover!? Not a big deal to me but it's so damn dirty to nickle and dime a customer to save money. Especially when that customer is paying 40k+.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Also gone on all 2021s. Lariat as well.

Is that the option I had to buy to get the engine cover!? Not a big deal to me but it's so damn dirty to nickle and dime a customer to save money. Especially when that customer is paying 40k+.
You could go buy a loaded Colorado ZR2 and not even get the option to have it? Plus you'd get those sweet Halogen headlamps.

Edit: Saw you were talking about a Lariat. Thought you were referring to an XLT.

Last edited:

codestp202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I was having a helluva time getting it to work this morning, it just refused to turn the truck on all morning, I assumed it was cloud coverage since it's satellite based, right?

Worked fine in the afternoon.

It also refuses to believe my truck is sitting in my driveway. The app still shows it sitting at the plant in Michigan.
There's a setting you need to change on the truck menu to make the location work on the app. I don't remember the exact setting but you can find it on the forum

spartan0078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger lariat
Occupation
Railroader
There's a setting you need to change on the truck menu to make the location work on the app. I don't remember the exact setting but you can find it on the forum
Yeah I found it, thanks. I was sitting in the driveway playing with the settings and I discovered that location defaults to off.?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
The infrastructure for remote starting via Ford Pass is in-place on my vehicle as I use the app on my Android phone frequently. I have a 2019 Ranger Lariat and did not receive a Key Fob with a remote start button. I'd like the fob with remote start so I could start the truck from inside my work place (cell phones not allowed). Is it a simple, albeit expensive, key fob replacement, or is there more to it? Thanks for your time.
I got this one and it has worked flawlessly since putting it in. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08KHMGH3Z?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Says it won’t work but it’s not true.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Are you telling me now that ford has raised the remote start feature to a lariat only feature?

I sincerely hope that isn’t the case...

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Are you telling me now that ford has raised the remote start feature to a lariat only feature?

I sincerely hope that isn’t the case...
Factory installed is correct Lariat only. You can get a dealer install but uses a separate fob.

The one I listed above uses factory fob on levels that do not come equipped from factory

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Factory installed is correct Lariat only. You can get a dealer install but uses a separate fob.

The one I listed above uses factory fob on levels that do not come equipped from factory
Absolutely unacceptable...

spartan0078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger lariat
Occupation
Railroader

No it comes in the XLT as well. But in both cases you have to buy the MAX package level. On the XLT it comes in package 302a and the Lariat it's 501a.

It's still stupid mind you. On the XLT the package has the 8 way electric heated seats + the sliding rear window. On the Lariat it's Rain sensing wipers and B&O sound system.

In this day and age remote start on the fob should be a standard feature on anything but the base model of a car.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No it comes in the XLT as well. But in both cases you have to buy the MAX package level. On the XLT it comes in package 302a and the Lariat it's 501a.

It's still stupid mind you. On the XLT the package has the 8 way electric heated seats + the sliding rear window. On the Lariat it's Rain sensing wipers and B&O sound system.

In this day and age remote start on the fob should be a standard feature on anything but the base model of a car.

I have a 302a XLT, I've also seen people enable the remote starter on XL's with Forscan.

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity