Remote Start Question

OCL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Nothing came up using the Search regarding this particular question:

I have a 2021 Tremor XLT. Can I remote start my Ranger using my FordPass app on my phone even though my truck did not come with a Remote Start key FOB?

The "Start" Button is front and center on the FordPass app and it looks enabled (not grayed out). I would hate to push this button on the App and break something or have the truck start and I can't shut it off using the Keys in the ignition.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You sure can. You have to hold it for a couple seconds for it to activate but it works along with the lock/unlock.

Peragrin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Purchasing

I have a 2021 Tremor XLT. Can I remote start my Ranger using my FordPass app on my phone even though my truck did not come with a Remote Start key FOB?

The "Start" Button is front and center on the FordPass app and it looks enabled (not grayed out). I would hate to push this button on the App and break something or have the truck start and I can't shut it off using the Keys in the ignition.
works with an XLT too.

my personal favorite and kinda of annoyed feature is scheduled start.

when I get up in the morning I set it to start a few minutes before I have to leave for work. I do drop off for the kids and it is much easier having a warm truck to buckle them into. and it is on less thing to deal with in the rush to get out the door.

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase

FordPass will work as long as the truck and your phone have cell reception. Mine takes awhile to start at the house but will not work at all at work .

Reactions: OCL

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
I have remote start on my key fob but I use the ford pass app to start my truck at the end of the day at work. The hanger I work in is too far away from the parking lot for the FOB to work

WingShot

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT, Tremor, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Graphic Artist
And it will turn itself off after fifteen minutes if you don’t put the key in by then.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I prefer the voice activated start/stop lock/unlock function on my iphone using shortcuts, just simple "Siri, start my truck" does the deed

Reactions: OCL

9512tacoma

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Manager
I prefer the voice activated start/stop lock/unlock function on my iphone using shortcuts, just simple "Siri, start my truck" does the deed
I set the Siri Shortcuts up also works great.