Remote start AC settings

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Hi all.
Are the XLTs and Lariats equipped with the option to change the AC setting when using the remote start feature from the Ford app? Some folks have the option to change it, others, like myself, don’t. The option is not available on my remote start settings. I wanted to see if I could set a temperature for it to be at when remote starting, or for it to be on the last setting.

Not sure if only certain trim levels have this option or if there is a fluke with my system settings.

Any input is helpful!

P. S. I don’t have the owners manual available to reference this.
Sponsored

Yorbo82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I believe only the trucks with remote start from the key fob have those options. The trucks that only have FordPass remote start do not have the options.

Edit: Clarity.

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
I have an XLT with remote start key fob and just checked and I don't see it. I really wish it did though.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi all.
Are the XLTs and Lariats equipped with the option to change the AC setting when using the remote start feature from the Ford app? Some folks have the option to change it, others, like myself, don’t. The option is not available on my remote start settings. I wanted to see if I could set a temperature for it to be at when remote starting, or for it to be on the last setting.

Not sure if only certain trim levels have this option or if there is a fluke with my system settings.

Any input is helpful!

I have the Lariat with the factory remote start and there's no way to control the settings from the app or the fob. You have to pre set it before turning off your truck or put it in auto mode.

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
I have the Lariat with the factory remote start and there's no way to control the settings from the app or the fob. You have to pre set it before turning off your truck or put it in auto mode.
Exactly what he said ^^^^

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
On my XL, I had the control turned off, and when I did a remote start in the summer, the A/C came on, and now the defrost/floor comes on high speed, and when I turn the key on, the it reset to what i had set before.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
I read somewhere that it defaults to 72 degrees when using ford pass to start it. So if it's hot or cold out it heats or cools as needed.
Hey folks, bumping an old thread here. I find my truck, when remote started in the summer heat, to not be up to my standards of cool when I get in. I believe this is why: it's defaulting to some arbitrary temp and some arbitrary fan setting that is not where I left it. Maybe 72 degrees, I don't know. Feels warmer.

I don't like climate control on auto because I don't like the way it behaves. So rather I take control of my fan and temp. However when I get into my remote started truck, the fan is on low, and the temp is somewhere much higher than where I want it. It actually feels hot in there to me.

Any fix or is that just the way it is? It's kind of a bummer.

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
Isn't there a setting to have the climate control revert back to the last used setting when remote starting? If so, you'll have to set the temp/fan/etc to whatever you want it before exiting the Ranger for the next time you want to remote start. Check the owner's manual? Maybe let it run longer if its too warm?

GT5050

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
There is a setting in the cluster for climate in remote start - Auto or last used. If set to auto it will max cool if hot. If last used, obviously it will go to whatever it was when you got out of the truck, which might be too mild to cool a hot cab off

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
There is a setting in the cluster for climate in remote start - Auto or last used. If set to auto it will max cool if hot. If last used, obviously it will go to whatever it was when you got out of the truck, which might be too mild to cool a hot cab off
Before I shut my truck off I set the fan to high and the temp to low. During the summer it's always hot here,at 5:00 am it was already 80 out so it's nice and cold once I get inside. I don't see anywhere on mine that has last used only option is to have auto on or off so I leave it off.

GT5050

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I took some pics of the settings for the group. In the cluster menu it’s under vehicle settings > remote start > climate control. In there, the choice is auto (ac or heat will run to max if needed to cool or heat cabin) or last settings (it’ll run where you last left the climate).

Obviously this only applies to trucks with factory remote start (key fob), not FordPass only remote start. However, on a truck with factory remote start, starting with FordPass will net the same results and same settings should apply:
98A2B5CE-692C-4157-B00F-F526008DAC81.jpeg
0AC60BED-4B94-4EDF-8989-C4B4919FC0C6.jpeg
3035AA2A-1C21-4473-957C-039A624245A1.jpeg

GT5050

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Hi all.

Any input is helpful!

As for owner’s manual, here you go:
https://www.motorcraftservice.com/OwnerInformation/Get

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
I took some pics of the settings for the group. In the cluster menu it’s under vehicle settings > remote start > climate control. In there, the choice is auto (ac or heat will run to max if needed to cool or heat cabin) or last settings (it’ll run where you last left the climate).

Obviously this only applies to trucks with factory remote start (key fob), not FordPass only remote start. However, on a truck with factory remote start, starting with FordPass will net the same results and same settings should apply:
Hmmm I think that might be it! I could change it to last settings and it will be my brisk 65 deg with medium fan then. (until my wife messes it up and turns on dual zone an makes her side 75 hahah)

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Well dang, seems like a FORSCAN solution for us FordPass victims is in order.
Sponsored