Relation race wheels rock sliders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Anyone buy these yet? They look much more aggressive than the current offerings but are more pricey. Wondering on ease of installation and quality of the mounting situation. Also nice you don’t have to drill into the frame.
DSC09150_2000x.jpg
DSC09166_400x.jpg
Sponsored

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Anyone buy these yet? They look much more aggressive than the current offerings but are more pricey. Wondering on ease of installation and quality of the mounting situation. Also nice you don’t have to drill into the frame.
DSC09150_2000x.jpg
DSC09166_400x.jpg
FWIW.... I considered those. However, what I didn't like was unless you have wider than stock tires and wheels these will stick out past the tires. They also don't have a step plate like the Shrockworks Rock Sliders do. Without the step plates the rocker panels on the truck won't have as much protection from road debris.

027.JPG

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
FWIW.... I considered those. However, what I didn't like was unless you have wider than stock tires and wheels these will stick out past the tires. They also don't have a step plate like the Shrockworks Rock Sliders do. Without the step plates the rocker panels on the truck won't have as much protection from road debris.

027.JPG
Didn’t think about that. Wonder how it’ll look with my current wheel setup 285/70r17

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Didn’t think about that. Wonder how it’ll look with my current wheel setup 285/70r17
Are you running stock wheels? If the answer is yes, they will stick out past the tires.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You could add spacers to push the wheel out a little more.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
c0CsxtI_d.jpg
Fuel shoks with +20 offset. Love the poke they have and hoping that if I get these they’ll not stick out past the tires.
Nice! Love the tire / wheel combo.

Rather than just roll the dice....

Get a couple people to help you. Take a string and stretch it from the front tires to the back tires.

Then measure from the rocker panel flange that hangs down -to- the string. Then call the manufacturer and ask them how far out these stick out from that flange. If they can't tell you, PM somebody here that has them and ask them how far out these stick out from that flange.

702's Ranger.jpg

Reactions: 702

Dark Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I put the RRW V4 sliders with no kick out on my ride and am pretty unhappy with the fitment. There is about an inch of underhang underneath the frame rails when in their most upright position, they do not hug the body lines and stick very far out, and will not level out. I am interested in getting the Rocky Road rock sliders (https://www.rocky-road.com/ford-ranger-rock-sliders.html) which look much better and more functional

rodmel808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Supercrew
does anyone have the RRW sliders installed. I have a 2021 and only vid I could find was on YT and the guy had a 2019 and the brackets are totally different from mines his is a small oval shape as for mines its a rectangular shape and I cant find any install instructions and no one responds to emails or IG msg. Any help is much appreciated

IMG_5466.jpg

Stephen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Logistics
Mine just arrived, and I haven't opened the box so thanks for the warning.

does anyone have the RRW sliders installed. I have a 2021 and only vid I could find was on YT and the guy had a 2019 and the brackets are totally different from mines his is a small oval shape as for mines its a rectangular shape and I cant find any install instructions and no one responds to emails or IG msg. Any help is much appreciated

IMG_5466.jpg

Stephen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Logistics
I put the RRW V4 sliders with no kick out on my ride and am pretty unhappy with the fitment. There is about an inch of underhang underneath the frame rails when in their most upright position, they do not hug the body lines and stick very far out, and will not level out. I am interested in getting the Rocky Road rock sliders (https://www.rocky-road.com/ford-ranger-rock-sliders.html) which look much better and more functional
Do you have any photos for reference while you had them on?
Sponsored