2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department

foulmouf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Super Cab STX Fx4
I thought about doing this since the red sort of matches the giant taillights and the FX4 sticker on mine. I think I just might follow your lead.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
I thought about doing this since the red sort of matches the giant taillights and the FX4 sticker on mine. I think I just might follow your lead.
The color contrast perfectly sets off the rear styling and indeed matches the huge tailights.
Debating on which finish to get for my 2020 SuperCab done in Rapid Red Tri-coat metallic with the chrome package, tossed between flat black or black stainless steel.
Chrome lettering is out, don't want the back of my truck looking like a vintage 50's jukebox!

OP
OP
Psykostevo

Psykostevo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I’m thinking of doing the red front tow hooks next

OP
OP
Psykostevo

Psykostevo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great. Which lettering vendor did you use?
Oh shoot. My ford dealer had these in stock so I didn’t see the box. They just handed me the letters in a little clear pouch.

I didn’t want to risk buying them on eBay and not getting the quality I was looking for. So I probably paid nearly double the price of eBay but got to see and feel them first.

I wanted these 3D ones with the beveled edges and not just vinyl letters or die cut plastic ones without the bevel.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Oh shoot. My ford dealer had these in stock so I didn’t see the box. They just handed me the letters in a little clear pouch.

I didn’t want to risk buying them on eBay and not getting the quality I was looking for. So I probably paid nearly double the price of eBay but got to see and feel them first.

I wanted these 3D ones with the beveled edges and not just vinyl letters or die cut plastic ones without the bevel.
Interestingly enough back when we bought out 2019 Ranger in September the tailgate letters were an accessory you could add on when ordering a truck on the shop.ford.com site. Now on the 2020 Ranger build, they are no longer there?

Nutty 5.0

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LB Super Crew, 2012 GT500, 2015 VW GSW TDI
Vehicle Showcase
That does look great. I have a Kona Blue GT500 with stripes in red so similar combo. They seem like they shouldn’t work but they contrast awesome!

Wonder if the wife wouldn’t mind this on her Lightning Blue?
D4C3CADD-2EC8-4ABE-9379-FF59EC950008.jpeg

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
In my head I didn’t think it would look good but after seeing the pictures it’s not bad at all!
Sponsored