• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Recent Test Drive in Phuket, Thailand. Good Informative Review

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
I found this article a little more insightful about the 6G Ranger. I find a lot of supposed automotive journalist lacking in the model knowledge.
Sometimes they are even cautious to criticize the vehicle or just do not offer any useful information.

I felt the Moto 1 journalist gave a good informative review.

Some of his points:

increased integration of technology leaves room for improvement in terms of seamlessness and overall experience. Steep learning curve. The biggest problem with this digital setup, at least while I was off-roading, was the fact that the rear differential lock is clustered within the infotainment screen. Granted, the control on the outgoing model was also digital, but the arrangement was better before when a physical diff lock button was clustered together with the shift-on-the-fly 4WD modes. Ford now has work to do in making the in-cabin technology cohesive more seamlessly to complete the package

Sounds like the the entry level Diesel is under powered for the size of the truck. The 2.0-liter diesel power plant is lackluster with weak mid- to high-range grunt.
Good thing there is other engine options available.

What's clear after this test, though, is that the new Ranger is smarter and more capable, particularly when it comes to going off-road. The previous Gen had poor ride Quality. Yes its still rides like a truck.

The silver lining here was that the 10-speed automatic transmission didn’t have any shift shock, while the outgoing model’s tendency to fumble over the gears has been eliminated. I appreciate the more civilized drive

The steering felt firm and decisive as well, promoting more confidence even through the tight corners. The 360 Degree camera and better approach and departure angles are a definite improvements for off roading.

2023 Ford Ranger Wildtrak First Drive Review: Over Everything But Snow | Motor1.com

Ford Ranger Recent Test Drive in Phuket, Thailand. Good Informative Review 2023-ford-ranger-first-drive
Sponsored

Last edited:

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Interesting take on the engine, for a US journalist to review it he's comparing it to US market vehicles. Almost none have diesels in this category, the GM diesel's outputs are identical to this effectively. The diesel will always be less powerful, but it will have torque to make up for it.