Rear Window Replacement?

HerkPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Occupation
Pilot
My planned build involves adding a topper, but the hard to find, and still very small sliding rear window seem inadequate for ventilation and access. Has anyone looked at replacing the back window with a larger sliding option?
Sponsored

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
I'd like a bigger slider like you, or get rid of it altogether because that chinsy little bung hole of a window Ford put on there is a sad excuse for a slider. They should have done it right like Nissan and Toyota did years ago and put an automatic roll down window in there.

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
My planned build involves adding a topper, but the hard to find, and still very small sliding rear window seem inadequate for ventilation and access. Has anyone looked at replacing the back window with a larger sliding option?
I'm looking to do the exact same thing for a 2021. I like the slider on my current 1997, which allows easy in/out to the canopy.

Did you end up finding any options?
I searched around online, but didn't find any aftermarket options.

Last edited:

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
A partial answer I've found for anyone else who's interested:
Breezer Windows

This company seems to have been in operation for quite some time -- their promo video looks to be an old VHS scan.

But, they do sell windows for gen 5 rangers.

Unfortunately it's not a slider window, and seems awkward to use with rear seats.

SHADYYYtheRANGER

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
USMC
You have any updates for this so far?

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
I don't, unfortunately... It's not for lack of trying, though :)

Aside from searches and talking with truck / canopy shops, I've spoken with custom vehicle glass shops, etc.

Unfortunately, the one link I found above is the only lead I've found. It's not what I'm looking for, so I'm not going down that route.
Sponsored