First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Registered Nurse
I'm towing a 22ft 2021 Coachmen Apex Nano travel trailer with the ranger and am wondering if anyone else has installed a backup camera that integrates into the Sync 3 system so I can see where I'm going behind the trailer when I shift into reverse. Thanks
Sponsored

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 IS XLT SC , '22 OW BBB 2Dr , '15 PB TC SWB
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
Has anyone installed the Ford TCV-Ford1 from the NAVTV guys?

I received mine, but am unable to make it work. I have no video for the inserted camera. They claim there must be another tailgate/camera connector that may work instead of the one that comes right out at the tailgate.

Hoping someone else found another connector that works. He referenced a previous Ranger owner who took several swaps before he found the correct connector.

Can anyone help?

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
Tagging @Caluke since he appears to be the wiring genius on the forums. Thanks, Jason

Caluke

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Automotive tech
Tagging @Caluke since he appears to be the wiring genius on the forums. Thanks, Jason
Does the truck connector not fit the harness provided in the kit or it plugs in but doesn’t work? Really only seeing one connector for the rear view camera.

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
Does the truck connector not fit the harness provided in the kit or it plugs in but doesn’t work? Really only seeing one connector for the rear view camera.
Evening,

Their harness fit as I sent them a pic before I purchased it. It was the one right before the tailgate up on the frame rail. Mine happens to be black, but he said some were white, and was two rows of 6 pins.

With the harness plugged in, it wouldn't see the their camera would just show original tailgate camera. So either their harness was bad, the camera was bad, or their harness is not configured for the different Rangers.

I sent it all back to them. I think they are testing it to see if the components are bad.

I will probably go another way with a wireless two camera setup and a small monitor for the dash. Just waiting on the return to be done.

Thanks for your help.
Sponsored