Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone take out the rear seats and configure any type of storage area or just use it for add on stereo equipment
Thanks
Sponsored

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
I removed the seat bottoms, and built this platform:

1619184107246.png

I keep my regular stuff like work gloves, bungees, rope, etc. on the floor, and keep the top open for groceries/merchandise, etc. I didn't remove the seat backs due to the vents behind them, (for several reasons like HVAC/air bag deployment), so removing them as some have done requires insulating the vents from outside noise, while maintaining airflow to the vents. I did removed the headrests, which improved rear view mirror sight range.

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on ranger
Vehicle Showcase
That’s a clean look. 3/4 “ ply I’m guessing with carpet. What did you use for supports and is it fastened
Thanks

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
That’s a clean look. 3/4 “ ply I’m guessing with carpet. What did you use for supports and is it fastened
Thanks
Thanks, it's worked out very well for me. Not sure what thickness the plywood was. It was just some leftover I had. It probably is a little thinner than 3/4 though. I was trying to keep it as light as possible. It is not fastened down, I can lift it right out. I added a "leg" on each side (like in the picture) that are hinged, so that i can fold them up to lift it out. I had to put a cutout on each rearward side so that it could slip past the seat belts. The top is a thin mat type rug from Lowes. Took an afternoon to make, but was well worth it. Much more functional than the seats I'll probably never use.

Scott D

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/STX
I custom ordered my Supercab with the factory rear seat delete. I like the platform addition above. I'd like to make one with eyelets to bungee down a few things.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I custom ordered my Supercab with the factory rear seat delete. I like the platform addition above. I'd like to make one with eyelets to bungee down a few things.
Scott, the rear seat delete option with the XL was the reason I didn't order the XLT. The rear seats would have been useless for me, and it very handy to have that extra space. You can see how easy it is to carry those dang plastic grocery bags back to the store for recycling. And the umbrella, well that goes without saying. :crazy: :like:

100_5252.JPG

Thatwaspontus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab FX4
Occupation
WTT
Just finished up my own seat delete/Supercab storage platform/dog couch. 1/2" MDF seeing as plywood has gone up past $80 a sheet here in the great white north, land of the trees & net exporter of softwood lumber.... Nothing to secure it, I guess other than about 140lbs of dogs. Doesn't wiggle, shift or flex a whole lot from the driveway testing. Whole deal was probably about $100 in material.

Only supports are two strips glued and screwed to the door side edges and a 2 1/2" block over the transmission tunnel.

20210427_112052.jpg

Roughly 54" by 24", tapered 1/2" towards the back of the cab on both sides. 4 1/2" radius on the back corners (and fronts after this photo was taken) to clear the seat belts. Same deal for the front notch to clear the center console.

20210426_160231.jpg

Topped off with a sheet of rubber tool box liner, glued down with 3M Super 77.

20210427_145300.jpg

And then topped off with roughly 2 1/3 of these carpet covered foam 24" interlocking mats.

20210427_145416.jpg

Canine approved during afternoon taco run.

20210427_174804.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: