Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I’m debating adding another 1/4 inch spacer to the rear leafs. Currently I have what looks like 2 on the drivers side and 1 on the passenger side. In order to add 1 to the drivers side I will need new u-bolts that are a bit (1/2inch) longer.
Does anyone have suggestions as to where I can get a couple? Ford has the spacers (about $25 each) but stock ubolts.
Thanks.
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I’m debating adding another 1/4 inch spacer to the rear leafs. Currently I have what looks like 2 on the drivers side and 1 on the passenger side. In order to add 1 to the drivers side I will need new u-bolts that are a bit (1/2inch) longer.
Does anyone have suggestions as to where I can get a couple? Ford has the spacers (about $25 each) but stock ubolts.
Thanks.
My question is why are you looking to add more spacers? Also chances are you only have one spacer on the driver's side and it looks like an extra spacer right under the overload Leaf pack. In reality that's part of the whole Leaf pack and it's supposed to be like that. The only reason I know this is because I changed my Leafs out when I installed my Old Man EMU lift kit. Originally when I installed lift kit I removed the spacer on the driver side but realized real quick on the mistake I made and put it back in the following day.

OP
OP
apotocki

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
My question is why are you looking to add more spacers? Also chances are you only have one spacer on the driver's side and it looks like an extra spacer right under the overload Leaf pack. In reality that's part of the whole Leaf pack and it's supposed to be like that. The only reason I know this is because I changed my Leafs out when I installed my Old Man EMU lift kit. Originally when I installed lift kit I removed the spacer on the driver side but realized real quick on the mistake I made and put it back in the following day.
I added a 2.5 inch level and I’m actually almost 1/4 high now in the front...I know, weird as most say a 3 inch will do that.
I really didnt want to do a full inch in the back (Eibach blocks) and thought of adding a couple 1/4 inch spacers just for my own piece of mind.
Good to know that what I thought was a spacer is actually part of the leaf....so I guess I just have the 1 spacer on the drivers side.
Not sure what (if anything) I’ll do yet but still wondering if slighly longer u-bolts can be had.

Last edited:

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I added a 2.5 inch level and I’m actually almost 1/4 high now in the front...I know, weird as most say a 3 inch will do that.
I really didnt want to do a full inch in the back (Eibach blocks) and thought of adding a couple 1/4 inch spacers just for my own piece of mind.
Good to know that what I thought as a spacer is actually part of the leaf....so I guess I just have the 1 additional on the drivers side.
Not sure what (if anything) I’ll do yet but still wondering if slighly longer u-bolts can be had.
For your Lift in the front was it with spacers or with can Eibach or Fox kit?

puda

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler
Occupation
Industrial Automation
I recently did just the OME leaf springs and also opted to keep the spacer in. How did you keep everything lined up when you did it on the driver side? I noticed the factory leaf springs have a much longer "bolt" head that will go through the spacer and the perch on the axle and keep things lined up. The OME springs have only the bolt head that is not deep enough to get through the spacer to the perch from what I saw. I'm debating adding the Eibach spacer because I'm still about 1/2" low on the drivers side. So if I remove the factory and add the Eibach I think I will be 1/4" high on the driver side and will also be able to use the locating pin on the spacer to keep everything in line. Biggest reason I am still messing around with it is the truck pulls and I have a vibration when accelerating that wasn't there before the spring install.

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
Two of the Ford spacers may run you out of center pin length, I added a pinon shim and with the factory spacer there was barely enough pin for the housing, I had to extended the pin with a small spacer.

You could get Tremor U bolts.

puda

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler
Occupation
Industrial Automation
Two of the Ford spacers may run you out of center pin length, I added a pinon shim and with the factory spacer there was barely enough pin for the housing, I had to extended the pin with a small spacer.

You could get Tremor U bolts.
I have a Tremor. Have you installed the Old Man EMU leaf springs on yours?

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.