Rear spacer and U bolt

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I’m debating adding another 1/4 inch spacer to the rear leafs. Currently I have what looks like 2 on the drivers side and 1 on the passenger side. In order to add 1 to the drivers side I will need new u-bolts that are a bit (1/2inch) longer.
Does anyone have suggestions as to where I can get a couple? Ford has the spacers (about $25 each) but stock ubolts.
Thanks.

Advertisement

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 1983 Datsun 280ZX 2+2 Turbo
Occupation
Ford Dealership Mechanic
I’m debating adding another 1/4 inch spacer to the rear leafs. Currently I have what looks like 2 on the drivers side and 1 on the passenger side. In order to add 1 to the drivers side I will need new u-bolts that are a bit (1/2inch) longer.
Does anyone have suggestions as to where I can get a couple? Ford has the spacers (about $25 each) but stock ubolts.
Thanks.
My question is why are you looking to add more spacers? Also chances are you only have one spacer on the driver's side and it looks like an extra spacer right under the overload Leaf pack. In reality that's part of the whole Leaf pack and it's supposed to be like that. The only reason I know this is because I changed my Leafs out when I installed my Old Man EMU lift kit. Originally when I installed lift kit I removed the spacer on the driver side but realized real quick on the mistake I made and put it back in the following day.

OP
apotocki

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
My question is why are you looking to add more spacers? Also chances are you only have one spacer on the driver's side and it looks like an extra spacer right under the overload Leaf pack. In reality that's part of the whole Leaf pack and it's supposed to be like that. The only reason I know this is because I changed my Leafs out when I installed my Old Man EMU lift kit. Originally when I installed lift kit I removed the spacer on the driver side but realized real quick on the mistake I made and put it back in the following day.
I added a 2.5 inch level and I’m actually almost 1/4 high now in the front...I know, weird as most say a 3 inch will do that.
I really didnt want to do a full inch in the back (Eibach blocks) and thought of adding a couple 1/4 inch spacers just for my own piece of mind.
Good to know that what I thought was a spacer is actually part of the leaf....so I guess I just have the 1 spacer on the drivers side.
Not sure what (if anything) I’ll do yet but still wondering if slighly longer u-bolts can be had.

Last edited:

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 1983 Datsun 280ZX 2+2 Turbo
Occupation
Ford Dealership Mechanic
I added a 2.5 inch level and I’m actually almost 1/4 high now in the front...I know, weird as most say a 3 inch will do that.
I really didnt want to do a full inch in the back (Eibach blocks) and thought of adding a couple 1/4 inch spacers just for my own piece of mind.
Good to know that what I thought as a spacer is actually part of the leaf....so I guess I just have the 1 additional on the drivers side.
Not sure what (if anything) I’ll do yet but still wondering if slighly longer u-bolts can be had.
For your Lift in the front was it with spacers or with can Eibach or Fox kit?