Rear Cam and weather

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
Hello Yall,

To start this is my first time owning a new vehicle in over 12 years, and i've never had a car w/ a rear cam until now. But something I noticed is the rear cam being effected by rain, and for someone who lives in WA state, this can be kind of irritating. Is there a popular/safe way to prevent this? Is there some type of cover or maybe a liquid treatment to where its not so bad?
Sponsored

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I only "use" the camera at night because of the tinted windows an I'm surprised how dirty it gets so quickly. On my fusion it was tucked back under the lip of the trunk above the plate an it stayed pretty clean. it's just what it is.

OP
OP
Jrel209

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
Thanks yall, ill give rain-X or something similar a shot. Had no idea this was a thing haha. Since this is my first truck I'm not afraid to admit I was relying on that heavily for the past week of ownership haha.

Tim H.

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4X4, 2016 Corvette Stingray
Occupation
REALTOR
Hello Yall,

To start this is my first time owning a new vehicle in over 12 years, and i've never had a car w/ a rear cam until now. But something I noticed is the rear cam being effected by rain, and for someone who lives in WA state, this can be kind of irritating. Is there a popular/safe way to prevent this? Is there some type of cover or maybe a liquid treatment to where its not so bad?
Yup...mine stays relatively clean but I do keep a teri cloth towel in my door for the times it gets nasty.

Sign1941

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT/FX4
Yup - Agree with all. I try to always walk from behind my truck and give the lens a quick wipe with my thumb as I head to get in. Seems to help to have it work when I need it.

pozi240

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak (on order), 2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Military (Ret'd)
Yeah. As a "hoser" up here in the Great White North, lol, it's a constant struggle keeping salt spray and dirt off the camera. We got spoiled with our '18 Explorer Sport, it had a dedicated washer nozzle just below the camera that would clean it whenever you activated the rear wiper washer. Pure genius and we used it a LOT! Wish Ford would put that in all of their vehicles.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Yeah. As a "hoser" up here in the Great White North, lol, it's a constant struggle keeping salt spray and dirt off the camera. We got spoiled with our '18 Explorer Sport, it had a dedicated washer nozzle just below the camera that would clean it whenever you activated the rear wiper washer. Pure genius and we used it a LOT! Wish Ford would put that in all of their vehicles.
harder with a removable tailgate
Sponsored