Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.saddlebrookcontrols.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab FX4
Occupation
Automation Applications Engineer
Is Rapid Red the same color as Hot Pepper Red? I've not seen it yet in person and I'm looking to replace my 2019 Hot Pepper Red truck that was wrecked.
It looks the same to me in photos.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SICKQK

SICKQK

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This is rapid red.... this was a new colour for 2020 ?
Yes its a new color....but sometimes Ford will just rename a color and carry it over. It seems strange to me that Hot Pepper Red was a 1 year color, I'm hoping they just renamed it because I would like to buy the same color truck.

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
Different, Rapid is a Deep Cherry Red, where as the hot pepper red, which is my favorite color behind Sabre, is a orange/red. Very cool color. But a one year color only. There are still many 2019's new out there, just have to search using 2019 and red as options.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
This is Ruby Red, the precursor to Rapid Red. Hot Pepper was a much different shade. From the pictures of Rapid Red Rangers I've seen it appears to be a bit darker than the Ruby Red. Rapid Red is a beautiful color IMHO.

100_4358.JPG

OP
OP
SICKQK

SICKQK

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks everyone for the replies.

This is disappointing, I spent a lot of time and energy to find the truck I had, because I specifically wanted a Hot Pepper Red truck with the Black Appearance option. I've never had as many compliments on a vehicle either in just the short time I owned it (bought it in February).

I've searched a 100 mile radius for a 2019 and there are none available. So I need to see the Rapid Red in person......I've seen one in Race Red, it's just a little too bright for my taste. If Rapid Red is similar to Ruby Red that will probably be ok, I did own a Ruby Red Fusion (wife) and that was a nice color.

OP
OP
SICKQK

SICKQK

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks everyone for the replies.

This is disappointing, I spent a lot of time and energy to find the truck I had, because I specifically wanted a Hot Pepper Red truck with the Black Appearance option. I've never had as many compliments on a vehicle either in just the short time I owned it (bought it in February).

I've searched a 100 mile radius for a 2019 and there are none available. So I need to see the Rapid Red in person......I've seen one in Race Red, it's just a little too bright for my taste. If Rapid Red is similar to Ruby Red that will probably be ok, I did own a Ruby Red Fusion (wife) and that was a nice color.
The replacement.....
20201022_143545.jpg

No Black Appearance and of course Rapid Red instead of Hot Pepper. I liked my previous truck better, but this combination is very nice as well.
It also has the FX4 package which I did not have on my 2019. Rides a little different but not in a bad way. I don't know if they made any changes but these brakes have a better "feel" than the brakes on the 2019. I've only driven 40 miles in the new truck so we'll see if that opinion holds up......but the one thing I remember of my first impression in the 2019 was that I didn't like the brakes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SICKQK

SICKQK

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I was involved in a high speed collision with a wrong way driver that totalled my truck. Thats the reason for the new purchase today.

I can't go into detail because of pending litigation but I can tell you without hesitation that this is a safe truck.

I have injuries that are still painful but I never lost consciousness and was able to get out of the truck on my own.

Be safe everyone.

Last edited:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I was involved in a high speed collision with a wrong way driver that totalled my truck. Thats the reason for the new purchase today.

I can't go into detail because of pending litigation but I can tell you without hesitation that this is a safe truck.

I have injuries that are still painful but I never lost consciousness and was able to get out of the truck on my own.

Be safe everyone.

HI Mark,

So thankful you are still with us! You are real world testament to why we at Ford crash test the shit out of our trucks to obtain the safest trucks we can possible manufacturer. Sorry to hear you were injured at all, but looking at the devastation, it is astounding!

Mend well!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engneering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

snorlax

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Parts Advisor

Be safe everyone.

Holy hell man, glad you're ok. Enjoy your new truck

Jtholz

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, FX4, Blackout, 501A, Tow Package
Vehicle Showcase
It really sucks that you were involved in such a bad accident. Mend well. On a positive note... Welcome to the Rapid Red Ranger club!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
SICKQK

SICKQK

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HI Mark,

So thankful you are still with us! You are real world testament to why we at Ford crash test the shit out of our trucks to obtain the safest trucks we can possible manufacturer. Sorry to hear you were injured at all, but looking at the devastation, it is astounding!

Mend well!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engneering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Thank you Phil, its much appreciated.

OP
OP
SICKQK

SICKQK

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It really sucks that you were involved in sure a bad accident. Mend well. On a positive note... Welcome to the Rapid Red Ranger club!!
Thanks, and thanks for the welcome. I'm thrilled that I'm still around to be a member!
Sponsored