Ranger Rental

Fjsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Sport
So I went out of state and was upgraded to a Ranger for my rental. It was an XLT. Made me glad I got the Lariat. It was an FX4 and had running boards but that was it. I am used to just keeping my key in my pocket. The tiny screen is useless. It also seemed a lot less powerful than mine. I guess I’m just spoiled!

235083E9-5B16-4B08-8A0E-595E0AB9AC90.jpeg

DD39085D-4CF7-4050-8E3F-FCDB8120D71D.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Fjsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Sport
LOL. I almost sprung for the red. Once I had it for 2 days I’m glad I went blue.

Im not sure why Ford even offers those small screens anymore. They might be able to save money by negotiating a better deal by buying more of the sync screens.

I’m also glad I didn’t get the running boards. At my height they were just in the way. I’m only 5’ 6” but that step just didn’t work for me.

Still, if I couldn’t scrape together the cash for a Lariat, I would have loved an XLT.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Must have been horrific for you. A small screen and even the less powerful XLT powertrain. I'm surprised you can even discuss the trauma.
Less powerful powertrain?

DBRanger

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4X4 2007 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
Less powerful powertrain?
Ford keeps this secret. Only Lariat has the more powerful 2.31 litre.
LOL. I almost sprung for the red. Once I had it for 2 days I’m glad I went blue.

Im not sure why Ford even offers those small screens anymore. They might be able to save money by negotiating a better deal by buying more of the sync screens.

I’m also glad I didn’t get the running boards. At my height they were just in the way. I’m only 5’ 6” but that step just didn’t work for me.

Still, if I couldn’t scrape together the cash for a Lariat, I would have loved an XLT.
With you on the running boards. Just step into the truck, I would trip on a running board. OK for someone with mobility problems though.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
With you on the running boards. Just step into the truck, I would trip on a running board. OK for someone with mobility problems though.
Or some who likes how running boards look, like me.:)

Last edited:

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
So I went out of state and was upgraded to a Ranger for my rental. It was an XLT. Made me glad I got the Lariat. It was an FX4 and had running boards but that was it. I am used to just keeping my key in my pocket. The tiny screen is useless. It also seemed a lot less powerful than mine. I guess I’m just spoiled!

235083E9-5B16-4B08-8A0E-595E0AB9AC90.jpeg

DD39085D-4CF7-4050-8E3F-FCDB8120D71D.jpeg
I ordered a XL STX for this reason.

No carpet and no touch screen.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford

Actually they probably only offer the 4.3" Screen to get people to spend thousands more for hundreds more worth of electronics.

I fretted over the small productivity screen and the small non- touch Sync Screen... Until I got it. Now I wouldn't trade up to the touch screen if I could, especially since I like the interior trim on the STX the best of all offerings.
My non-touch screen does everything well and stays clean in the process.
I would have liked it to be the 5.5" screen like on my TC just for the Back-up camera... but I am already adjusted to it and it is fine, plus I like the appearance and operation of it.

Nobody thought less of the 2.3" Productivity screen than I, the first time I saw it... but I like it now that I see it function.

The only thing I miss is more USB ports, but I am in the process of rectifying the problem.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Whew!!! Glad I didn't get a "lowly" XLT with less power no less.....LOL

IF I was wheeling, I would get the XLT 4x4 with FX. w/301. (or any Tacoma)

But I wanted a street truck so.......Lariat,,,

It's the new "Buick" for us old guys

Not everyone loves tech like me. I want the latest and greatest tech money can buy If they can design a nice truck around the great tech.....GOLDEN!!!

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
#FirstWorldProblems

Must be a near zero option XLT for it to only have SYNC and not SYNC3.

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
To be fair - I know OEMs have provided alternative calibrations to rental companies and utility companies to detune the performance. Not saying that's the case with this one, but if you legitimately thought that it was a slower vehicle than your Lariat, then that's a possibility. Strictly speaking, an XLT should be lighter and therefore outperform a Lariat.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
#FirstWorldProblems

Must be a near zero option XLT for it to only have SYNC and not SYNC3.
The only thing I look at on the screen is what radio station I’m on.....
Sponsored