Ranger Raptor EPAS steering gear failure (Safety hazard)

Pantaharo

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Dear members

I have a 2022 Ranger raptor biturbo with 11.800 Km (I´m from Argentina) The failure started to "advise" when turning steering left a "clak, clak" noise was heard. After 2 months using it with this condition, the dealer told me it can be used with no problem while the part is being imported (from end may 2022) 3 weeks ago by fortune and rolling at low speed on the city the steering gear failed completly with a crazy and loud noise and difficult steering maneuver . I said Fortunely because the day before I was on highway with my family and this could have represented a safety hazard to my family and others. Now the truck is parked at dealer location and they said no replacement car is available and Ford Argentina doesnt have the steering rack part and they dont know when is going to arrive.
Need from your help to provide a contact to write to Ford USA, Ford Australia, since Ford Argentina is less than nothing. Also if you experienced something similar (any failure) and how did you prcedeed to get result and not being months waiting. Is a brand new vehicle and I bought it to suposely not having this kind of issues.
Thanks

Pablo
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Dear members

I have a 2022 Ranger raptor biturbo with 11.800 Km (I´m from Argentina) The failure started to "advise" when turning steering left a "clak, clak" noise was heard. After 2 months using it with this condition, the dealer told me it can be used with no problem while the part is being imported (from end may 2022) 3 weeks ago by fortune and rolling at low speed on the city the steering gear failed completly with a crazy and loud noise and difficult steering maneuver . I said Fortunely because the day before I was on highway with my family and this could have represented a safety hazard to my family and others. Now the truck is parked at dealer location and they said no replacement car is available and Ford Argentina doesnt have the steering rack part and they dont know when is going to arrive.
Need from your help to provide a contact to write to Ford USA, Ford Australia, since Ford Argentina is less than nothing. Also if you experienced something similar (any failure) and how did you prcedeed to get result and not being months waiting. Is a brand new vehicle and I bought it to suposely not having this kind of issues.
Thanks

Pablo

Hi Pablo,

This may help:

Ford doesn't list an email address, but you can leave a message on their website to receive a reply via email. Go to the Ford Motor Company website, https://www.Ford.com, and select "Contact Ford" at the bottom of the homepage. Submit your concern using their contact form and wait for an email response.

Best,
Phil

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
OP
OP

Pantaharo

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Hi Pablo,

This may help:

Ford doesn't list an email address, but you can leave a message on their website to receive a reply via email. Go to the Ford Motor Company website, https://www.Ford.com, and select "Contact Ford" at the bottom of the homepage. Submit your concern using their contact form and wait for an email response.

Best,
Phil
Thanks Phil!

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Dear members

Thanks

Pablo

Hi Pablo,

Is the problem that you can still steer but extremely hard, or you have no steering at all?

I hope you can get it fixed quickly.

OP
OP

Pantaharo

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Sounds like you lost power steering. As stated, you can still steer, but with great effort.

I am not sure if Ford USA will help, but here is contact info:
Ford Customer Service 1 (800) 392-3673
Contact Us | Ford® Customer Service, Help & Live Chat | Ford.com
Hi Pablo,

Is the problem that you can still steer but extremely hard, or you have no steering at all?

I hope you can get it fixed quickly.
Did not drive after this (just a couple of meters to park and call the help), but it was able to steer. The noise when steering was like you were killing a cat.

OP
OP

Pantaharo

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Hi Pablo,

This may help:

Best,
Phil
Hi Phil

Question for you... Do you know if the electric steering gear pack in the Ranger Raptor 2021/2022 is the same to the Ranger XLT or Limited? Or do you where can I find this info? Thanks

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Did not drive after this (just a couple of meters to park and call the help), but it was able to steer. The noise when steering was like you were killing a cat.
It sounds like your power steering assist has gone kaput.

OP
OP

Pantaharo

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
yeah. Would like to know if this part is the same as the Ranger XLT/Limited/FX4. Because Ford is telling me that this part will take a while to be imported, but the Ranger XLT/limited is manufactured here... so parts of this pickup (if same as ranger raptor) should be available soon if Ford make the effort.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Phil

Question for you... Do you know if the electric steering gear pack in the Ranger Raptor 2021/2022 is the same to the Ranger XLT or Limited? Or do you where can I find this info? Thanks
Hi Pablo,

I cannot answer this question directly as there are differences between the USA Ranger and the one you own. What I would recommend is to investigate by model and part number at the Ford Dealer. If all are the same part number or Raptor is different will then be known to you so you can track down the correct part. Otherwise you are just guessing and likely will be frustrated with the wrong part if there is a difference.

Best of luck to you in your unfortunate situation...

Best,
Phil

OP
OP

Pantaharo

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor
Occupation