Ranger Liner

HeavyDuty

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' XLT - Fox 2.0 Perf. 2" lift front & Fox rear)
Occupation
Builder
Trying to decide which way to go with a liner, spray in liner, tonneau, etc, found this from LevittownFord
kb3z-99112a15-a-1.jpg
Sponsored

HDA

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Shadow Black
Occupation
Travel X-ray Tech
The mat will help you keep stuff from sliding around while you’re driving at least. But that’s about it. Doesn’t even keep the bed clean.

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
U.S. Navy
The mat will help you keep stuff from sliding around while you’re driving at least. But that’s about it. Doesn’t even keep the bed clean.
It will also keep getting luggage or whatever from getting scratched all to hell

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve used my mat for 2 years now, and think it’s great. Everything stays exactly where you put it, and the only real damage my truck has taken is when I bungeed a 5gal fuel can to the side of the bed for 2 months.

But I always have the option of getting the spray in down the road if I ever do unbearable damage to it... I would want the mat anyways even with the spray in (everything slides all over with that), so I am jusg delaying the cost / not incurring it if its not needed.

ProtonDecay

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
I went with the OEM spray in liner and would not do that again. The fit/finish was sub-par for the money saved. Instead I would go with a reputable aftermarket provider of Line X or similar.

What's different other than an additional $200? (I paid $495 for my OEM, and paid $695 for a spray-in on another truck shortly before):

The aftermarket guys will take out all of your hardware, like tie-downs, plugs and other bits. The OEM guys pretty much sprayed over whatever was in the truck when it got to them. The aftermarket guys will scuff up your bed a bit and use some type of adhesion promoter, so that when you DO scratch it with that 500lb bundle of bricks or engine or whatever, only the part you scratch will get impacted, rather than taking a chunk of the liner on either side, and when you pull aforementioned plugs and they aren't sprayed then there's little chance of tearing away the liner around the plug, whereas with the OEM you'd best make sure you take a box cutter around the edge first. The aftermarket guys will give everything a nice even coat (if they're good; mine are), whereas the OEM guys are just punching a clock and don't really care as long as they can pass whatever quality checks get done.

Sorry for the rant, but I thought saving a few bucks and getting Ford quality would pan out - it usually does (like with the retractable bed cover - very happy with that), but in this case, it didn't.

I also am using one of those velcro attached carpet liners - so far, so good - it quiets things down and let's me slide my camping gear out more easily.

Mr.Bateau

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Sport
I’ve used my mat for 2 years now, and think it’s great. Everything stays exactly where you put it, and the only real damage my truck has taken is when I bungeed a 5gal fuel can to the side of the bed for 2 months.

But I always have the option of getting the spray in down the road if I ever do unbearable damage to it... I would want the mat anyways even with the spray in (everything slides all over with that), so I am jusg delaying the cost / not incurring it if its not needed.
I 100% agree with everything you said, I have the mat and I am very happy with it.

AuburnRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lightning Blue Lariat FX4
A little tip for anyone that wants a plastic bed liner, go to your local LineX and see if they have one in the back. These places end up with stacks and stacks of plastic bed liners from every type of truck and will either give them to you of sell them dirt cheap. I had my truck LineX'd last week, and asked the owner what they do with them. He said they just dispose of them or give them away. That said, plastic bed liners suck and there's a reason people give them away.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Line-X premium is the way to go for sure. My Tremor is being done as we speak. Should run you $600-700 max and the mat will work good with it.

DRVMN

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Occupation
High School Mathematics Instructor
Last edited: