First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Construction
Installed the ranger lifts 2" level for my tremor. It was needed as I built a winch bumper with winch and the front lowered about 3/4". I now sit perfectly level at 38 1/2" all the way around. This is with a decked system and 150lbs of gear in the bed

Quality parts, install was let's say interesting. The first time I tried I was just being to delicate and never got one in. My first time playing with IFS and I was too worried about the cvs.

Then after beating myself up for a week watching YouTube vids I decided to just man handle it and it took about 3 hours total. I had to just think screw it. The tremor has cast iron knuckles so the YouTube vids of how easy the tierod separates does not apply. I had to go back to my Jeep roots. And a 3 foot pry bar helps pulling the lower a-arm down. The cv will separate I saw no way around this. Once the strut is back in I did need a jack to push up on the a-arm and a good amount of pressure on the knuckle to re-seat the cv. Time will tell if I messed anything up but seemed to go fine.

Still need to get an alignment. But first impressions the steering lightened up a bit for the better. Keep in mind I did add 200lbs of metal to the nose of the truck.

Have some pics

20211125_125907.jpg

20211125_125901.jpg

20211125_125852.jpg
Sponsored

Gr8Hortoni

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, int in a 5G
Occupation
Trucking
Looks good, Man. Iā€™m definitely happy with mine.

Cclittle72

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat Tremor
I've read that a 1" level kit is appropriate if not adding weight to the front, would you agree?
Can you post the part/vendor you ordered for this?

OP
OP
Gsd1976

Gsd1976

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Construction
I've read that a 1" level kit is appropriate if not adding weight to the front, would you agree?
Can you post the part/vendor you ordered for this?
Fordrangerlifts.com. I did 2" for winch bumper for tremor. 1" would probably be sufficient with stock bumper.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
You can easily pull the axle out of the knuckle. Retorquing the axle nut is a bit of a pain, but worth the peace of mind IMHO.

Like many other Ranger parts, front axle assemblies have been on back order in the past if they aren't currently. Treat them like gold and don't chance your CVs.

LowKeyTremor

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor Lariat
Occupation
Business Owner/Partner & IT
Installed the ranger lifts 2" level for my tremor. It was needed as I built a winch bumper with winch and the front lowered about 3/4". I now sit perfectly level at 38 1/2" all the way around. This is with a decked system and 150lbs of gear in the bed

Quality parts, install was let's say interesting. The first time I tried I was just being to delicate and never got one in. My first time playing with IFS and I was too worried about the cvs.

Then after beating myself up for a week watching YouTube vids I decided to just man handle it and it took about 3 hours total. I had to just think screw it. The tremor has cast iron knuckles so the YouTube vids of how easy the tierod separates does not apply. I had to go back to my Jeep roots. And a 3 foot pry bar helps pulling the lower a-arm down. The cv will separate I saw no way around this. Once the strut is back in I did need a jack to push up on the a-arm and a good amount of pressure on the knuckle to re-seat the cv. Time will tell if I messed anything up but seemed to go fine.

Still need to get an alignment. But first impressions the steering lightened up a bit for the better. Keep in mind I did add 200lbs of metal to the nose of the truck.

Have some pics

20211125_125907.jpg

20211125_125901.jpg

20211125_125852.jpg
Iā€™m in your boatā€¦ Or, at least, the boat you were in, where you just had to say, all right, itā€™s time to man up and just do this!

I have lowered cars with Springs. (mustangs) and I donā€™t have any worry just need to make sure and follow Robbyā€˜s exact instructions. Maybe tomorrow I can just DO IT!! Iā€™m kind of sick of it sitting thereā€¦
ALL WHILE every single person who has put this kit on, every picture, Iā€™ve seen, everything about itā€¦ Itā€™s all been positive, people love it, so why am I not just getting the damn thing done so I can start enjoying!

by the way, have you thought about a wheel that might kick it out a little bit or even a spacer? Itā€™s really incredible how much more aggressive it looks. That was just as mineā€¦ Youā€™ve got some other fun stuff to make. It look even better!

Just curiousā€¦ Not everybody wants that look I know

OP
OP
Gsd1976

Gsd1976

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Construction
Iā€™m in your boatā€¦ Or, at least, the boat you were in, where you just had to say, all right, itā€™s time to man up and just do this!

I have lowered cars with Springs. (mustangs) and I donā€™t have any worry just need to make sure and follow Robbyā€˜s exact instructions. Maybe tomorrow I can just DO IT!! Iā€™m kind of sick of it sitting thereā€¦
ALL WHILE every single person who has put this kit on, every picture, Iā€™ve seen, everything about itā€¦ Itā€™s all been positive, people love it, so why am I not just getting the damn thing done so I can start enjoying!

by the way, have you thought about a wheel that might kick it out a little bit or even a spacer? Itā€™s really incredible how much more aggressive it looks. That was just as mineā€¦ Youā€™ve got some other fun stuff to make. It look even better!

Just curiousā€¦ Not everybody wants that look I know
Yeah don't worry about it, just push down on that lower a arm with some force. I ended up with a 1.5" spacer for some poke and it works for me.

20220423_162410.jpg

20220523_153342.jpg

LowKeyTremor

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor Lariat
Occupation
Business Owner/Partner & IT
Yeah don't worry about it, just push down on that lower a arm with some force. I ended up with a 1.5" spacer for some poke and it works for me.

20220423_162410.jpg

20220523_153342.jpg
Looks great with the 1.5ā€ going on!
Itā€™s wild what a subtle yet awesome difference kicking those tires out does!

I like your ride!!

hookem57

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Driver

Have some pics

20211125_125907.jpg

20211125_125901.jpg

20211125_125852.jpg
Yup. Put the same ones on mine. Once I figured out one side the other went easy. Mine the same color. Looks good
Sponsored