Advertisement

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Magnetic; 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 5-Speed Emerald
Vehicle Showcase
This is awesome. Like I needed another reason to love the Ranger.

Advertisement

bkosh84

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Construction Supervisor
GM also made Transit buses and Greyhound buses, along with Class 8 tractors. They also owned Detroit Diesel and Allison transmissions.
They also owned Frigidaire at one point too, back in the 20's through the 70's.

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4, 1987 Caddy Brougham hearse
Occupation
retired to the glue factory
That's for 2020, 2019 the Ranger is on the least American made 😐

"The new Ford Ranger pickup truck is built near Detroit, but its engine hails from Mexico. U.S. and Canadian parts content is only 35 percent."
my engine has cleveland plant sticker on the front of it and it's a 2019

KIMG0549.JPG

OP
mrsmith

mrsmith

First Name
Matthew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT - FX4
Occupation
Project Manager - Industrial Construction
Vehicle Showcase
They also owned Frigidaire at one point too, back in the 20's through the 70's.
Now owned by Electrolux! I just finished up a 800,000SF manufacturing plant for them back in 2018. Pretty neat facility.

dtech

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4 abundantly chromed, Saab 9-5, Hyundai Sante Fe (all turbos)
Now owned by Electrolux! I just finished up a 800,000SF manufacturing plant for them back in 2018. Pretty neat facility.
IIRC Electrolux also bought GEs appliance division.

Floyd

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 pinto V8, 1995 Mustang GT conv, 2019 SuperCab 2WD Ranger, 2016 Transit Connect
That's final assembly. Your disclosure sticker says it came from Mexico.
So define final assembly. Are you saying that the casting is imported and the engine is assembled in Cleveland?
Just what do you think they do at the Cleveland Engine plant?
No really.... how about some definitive answers from a Ford source?
This is the best I could find in a few minutes...(and it is 5 YO)

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...ant-begins-production-of-the-new-twin-sc.html

Anybody?

Last edited:

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
So define final assembly. Are you saying that the casting is imported and the engine is assembled in Cleveland?
Just what do you think they do at the Cleveland Engine plant?
No really.... how about some definitive answers from a Ford source?
This is the best I could find in a few minutes...(and it is 5 YO)

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...ant-begins-production-of-the-new-twin-sc.html

Anybody?
This conversation is a rerun. :) As I said the last time, there are fairly straightforward federal regulations about what the required country of origin labels say. The cleveland sticker is just decoration, only subject to truth in advertising rules that would prevent it from being outright fraud. All it means is that the engine passed someone with a handful of stickers that say "cleveland", and that presumably it was someone in cleveland that stuck it on. The probably did a bit more than that in cleveland, but it whatever they did wasn't enough to change the "mexico" label (and the country of origin rules *do* count times doing different parts of the assembly). It's basically like the sticker your dealer might have slapped on the back of the truck--it doesn't mean that the dealer had any particular role in building the truck.

Floyd

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 pinto V8, 1995 Mustang GT conv, 2019 SuperCab 2WD Ranger, 2016 Transit Connect
found this...
Address
Cleveland Engine Plant No. 1
Brook Park, Ohio
United States
Employment
Current total employment: Approximately 1,750 employees. Approximately 1,600 of these employees are hourly.
Production History
Current products: 2.0/2.3-liter EcoBoost I4 engines and 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 engines
Year opened: 1952
Site size in acres: 365
Plant size in square feet: 1,600,000
This conversation is a rerun. :) As I said the last time, there are fairly straightforward federal regulations about what the required country of origin labels say. The cleveland sticker is just decoration, only subject to truth in advertising rules that would prevent it from being outright fraud. All it means is that the engine passed someone with a handful of stickers that say "cleveland", and that presumably it was someone in cleveland that stuck it on. The probably did a bit more than that in cleveland, but it whatever they did wasn't enough to change the "mexico" label (and the country of origin rules *do* count times doing different parts of the assembly). It's basically like the sticker your dealer might have slapped on the back of the truck--it doesn't mean that the dealer had any particular role in building the truck.
In my experience , Ford gets it right a lot more often than government bureaucrats, I get your point though. I just don't see any supporting evidence. Ford seems to clearly state that the 2.3L EcoBoost has been built at the Cleveland plant since 2015 and before that Valencia Spain.

Like Trek bicycles, the Ford name alone carries more influence than country of origin.
Next time I'm In the Cleveland area, I will stop for a tour and some definitive information.

Hate wikipedia and don't trust them as many do , but this is what they say...
"
The 2.3L version of the EcoBoost engine debuted in the 2015 Ford Mustang and also the Lincoln MKC crossover and has been implemented in many Ford and Lincoln vehicles with various outputs.

"The 2.3 L EcoBoost engine is produced with the 2.0 L EcoBoost at the Valencia Engine Plant in Valencia, Spain. In March 2015 Ford announced the official production start of the all-new twin-scroll 2.0-liter and 2.3-liter EcoBoost engines for North America at its Cleveland Engine Plant in Ohio."

I just found the Plant phone # , might try to call tomorrow

Last edited:

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
In my experience , Ford gets it right a lot more often than government bureaucrats, I get your point though. I just don't see any supporting evidence. Ford seems to clearly state that the 2.3L EcoBoost has been built at the Cleveland plant since 2015 and before that Valencia Spain.
Honestly, it seems like you're being difficult for the sake of being difficult. The regs are clear, it's Ford that fills out the forms and prints the disclosure that was in your truck. If the engine was majority made in Cleveland the country of origin would be USA. It isn't, and the reason is not that Ford printed the country of origin sheet wrong and didn't notice the mistake. If you can't see the evidence you just didn't look at the paperwork that came with the truck.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

First Name
Doc
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2020 HPP Mustang, 2006 GMC Sierra, 2015 Suzuki King Quad, 2006 883/ 1200 Sportster conversion
Occupation
Retired
Honestly, it seems like you're being difficult for the sake of being difficult. The regs are clear, it's Ford that fills out the forms and prints the disclosure that was in your truck. If the engine was majority made in Cleveland the country of origin would be USA. It isn't, and the reason is not that Ford printed the country of origin sheet wrong and didn't notice the mistake. If you can't see the evidence you just didn't look at the paperwork that came with the truck.
My engine was made in Mexico...

Floyd

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honestly, it seems that you're intentionally making it difficult to have a conversation on this subject.
I am never difficult for the sake of being difficult.
So..... what plant in Mexico built the engine and how do you define final assembly?
Fact is that it seems that Ford is being cagey about this issue. At the very least they are releasing contradictory information, or some technicality has been applied.

I gather that the window origin paper is absolute proof and is infallible in your estimation?
Good enough...., so you and I have no more difficulty, and I have now gotten everything you know on the subject,
Thank you for your input! (seriously... Not trying to be difficult).

Whether we have come to impasse is entirely up to you, I have no doubt of your veracity or your sincerity.

Floyd

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My engine was made in Mexico...
Do you know which plant? In spite of previous accusations, I have no dog in this fight.
I am merely trying to clear up the controversy and seek the truth.
My TC was assembled in Valencia, Spain. Ford has earned my business, regardless of country of origin.
Most others have never even come close.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement