Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase

19ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercab
Has anyone actually installed this kit on 2WD Ranger?

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
I don't have the answer to this question, but the results will be the same.
Similar, but not quite. There have been a couple of members that have installed the Fox kits on a 2WD. The nose sits an inch or so higher than the 4WD due to the weight difference in front. They also commented that the ride was stiffer than expected. I believe that is because the 2WD has a lower spring rate, but not positive.

Deleted member 15875

Similar, but not quite. There have been a couple of members that have installed the Fox kits on a 2WD. The nose sits an inch or so higher than the 4WD due to the weight difference in front. They also commented that the ride was stiffer than expected. I believe that is because the 2WD has a lower spring rate, but not positive.
You are probably correct, but is there a significant weight variance? Mine sat higher initially when I got my Fox kit installed, but after half tank of gas, it's settled down.

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
You are probably correct, but is there a significant weight variance? Mine sat higher initially when I got my Fox kit installed, but after half tank of gas, it's settled down.
Apparently, it's enough to make difference. Front axles, cv joints, transfer case, etc. I know that suspension manufacturers recommend going up on spring rates when adding a winch. So I gather these trucks are somewhat sensitive to spring rates.

Deleted member 15875

Apparently, it's enough to make difference. Front axles, cv joints, transfer case, etc. I know that suspension manufacturers recommend going up on spring rates when adding a winch. So I gather these trucks are somewhat sensitive to spring rates.
Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 4.39.01 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 4.39.10 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 4.41.24 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 4.41.32 PM.png