Ram 1500 Revolution EV Pickup Truck Concept World Debut ⚡️?

NTXTremor

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
I agree with the folks that point out that this is just a concept truck. It will be interesting to see what really makes it into production.

Frankly, I think Ford nailed it with the Lightning. Just get it on the market, and make it look no different than a normal F150 while taking advantage of some of the design options available due to being an EV such as the Frunk.

Rivian has done a nice job here, too, but I am concerned that they are not financially viable.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
As far as modern technology goes, it’s pretty cool. The problem is this feels the equivalent of those new crazy expensive refrigerators with all the screens, doors and gadgets. Cool for sure but prone to failure, with nightmarish service calls even on warranty. Like the fridge whose main goal is to keep my food at a proper temp, this vehicle goes way beyond its primary goal of safe, reliable transportation. This isn’t Dodge exclusive by any means but they still haven’t eliminated wiring gremlins in their current, much less complex vehicles. And like the new Wagoneer with its ridiculous amount of screens, these things will end up being recycled in 8-10 years due to the technology in them making them inoperable when it’s stops functioning. Like the current 5 year and newer 4000.00 plus refrigerators being recycled, these 100k plus vehicles will be joining them in the scrap pile.
heck even my Ranger glitched out this week with the dash lighting up like a Christmas tree and going into limp mode. Best guess is a wiring harness got wet after it got washed and put in the garage for the night. With the cold weather around here I’m guessing it played a part in this but who knows. Our Rangers are quite basic and low tech compared to many new vehicles but this was an example of how fragile and unreliable these vehicles can be with so many external factors playing a factor in them operating correctly.
Truth. :rockon:

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Buy a RAM they said and it tows great!

Why This Ram 3500 Broke in Half
D5413265-2764-43BD-A38F-7AB05431ABDC.jpeg

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/why-this-ram-3500-broke-in-half/
100% not Ram's fault.

Owner committed 3 huge errors when dealing with truck capacities.
1. Listened to the RV stealership.
2. Listened to the Ram stealership.
3. Failed to do his own IN DEPTH research using Ram's capacity data.

Sorry, but not a whole lot of pity for him. It's basic math. And it is your responsibility to understand it.

Additionally, he fell into the "Damn right I want a diesel! Always admired dem der Peterbilts. Gotz ta try to sound like one of da big boys." Never once considered the payload he was giving up. Truck camper basics, section 101.

Sorry, but this guy / story irritates me. Fully preventable issue. Yet he is pushing for warranty.

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
I like the..
  • cool box
  • hot box
  • Volkswagen style seating rails
  • 18' pass through loading
  • extendable bed (7')
I'm doubtful for..
  • It's a freaking EV.. put 3,5 ton trailer on it and it will go.. 8 miles (*downhill, YMMV)?
  • Sure, we insulated the pass though so that it will work fine in real winter and snow wont seep into the cabin.
  • All the electric whirring gizsmos will function nicely in winter, even if you park it out and let it sit in snowstorm and -40'C.

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
100% not Ram's fault.

Owner committed 3 huge errors when dealing with truck capacities.
1. Listened to the RV stealership.
2. Listened to the Ram stealership.
3. Failed to do his own IN DEPTH research using Ram's capacity data.

Sorry, but not a whole lot of pity for him. It's basic math. And it is your responsibility to understand it.

Additionally, he fell into the "Damn right I want a diesel! Always admired dem der Peterbilts. Gotz ta try to sound like one of da big boys." Never once considered the payload he was giving up. Truck camper basics, section 101.

Sorry, but this guy / story irritates me. Fully preventable issue. Yet he is pushing for warranty.
your forgot that on top of the above, he ALSO hung a motorcycle off the back of it with a REALLY long hitch extension.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
At CES. Pics for your enjoyment:
20230106_160211.jpg

20230106_160027.jpg
20230106_160116.jpg

20230106_160053.jpg

Has built in auto steps. That back door is so damn big to open like a suicide door...
Sponsored