Ram 1500 Revolution EV Pickup Truck Concept World Debut ⚡️?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
I like some of the features (thinking out of the box) in the concept. I don't believe I will ever bring myself to purchase a EV but it is interesting what emerges when you start designing with a clean sheet of paper.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I like some of the features (thinking out of the box) in the concept. I don't believe I will ever bring myself to purchase a EV but it is interesting what emerges when you start designing with a clean sheet of paper.
It’s interesting Kent. I don’t think any of the big three auto makers could get away with such an unconventional design on an ICE truck, either from their customer base or their executives. However, when it comes to EVs, it seems everything is up for consideration. Clean sheet indeed.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
looks as bad as the charger ev looked..

but im sure someone will think it looks good

2020FX4

First Name
El Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Absolute???Garbage. IMO.

The direction they are taking new vehicles is depressing.

I'm sure some people will sell their soul to have one... It just won't be me.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
It's a concept vehicle showing "what's possible". I bet the production model doesn't share much with this concept. Cost cutting an practicality will kick in at some point.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Never happen! A neat show vehicle but useless. And why do we need cup holders in the frunk. My truck does not need to follow me around like a puppy dog.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
I can guarantee one thing about that vehicle... not a snowballs chance in hell would it ever make it's way to my driveway. Thing fell out of an ugly tree and hit every branch, some twice, on the way down.

Oh, and it's not a Ford.

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
And why do we need cup holders in the frunk.
Those are for the kids.

I'm getting annoyed by the giant BEVs every manufacturer keeps prioritizing. This thing looks like it would be another $100k+ halo vehicle that only a handful would wind up buying, anyway. And I get it, you need a halo vehicle in your lineup. But most of these same manufacturers aren't really giving ppl the kinds of vehicles that BEV is currently best for - small, relatively light, and efficient daily driver vehicles.

Sped68

First Name
Harley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
As far as modern technology goes, it’s pretty cool. The problem is this feels the equivalent of those new crazy expensive refrigerators with all the screens, doors and gadgets. Cool for sure but prone to failure, with nightmarish service calls even on warranty. Like the fridge whose main goal is to keep my food at a proper temp, this vehicle goes way beyond its primary goal of safe, reliable transportation. This isn’t Dodge exclusive by any means but they still haven’t eliminated wiring gremlins in their current, much less complex vehicles. And like the new Wagoneer with its ridiculous amount of screens, these things will end up being recycled in 8-10 years due to the technology in them making them inoperable when it’s stops functioning. Like the current 5 year and newer 4000.00 plus refrigerators being recycled, these 100k plus vehicles will be joining them in the scrap pile.
heck even my Ranger glitched out this week with the dash lighting up like a Christmas tree and going into limp mode. Best guess is a wiring harness got wet after it got washed and put in the garage for the night. With the cold weather around here I’m guessing it played a part in this but who knows. Our Rangers are quite basic and low tech compared to many new vehicles but this was an example of how fragile and unreliable these vehicles can be with so many external factors playing a factor in them operating correctly.
Sponsored