Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
D.D.S.
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking into using a Blendmount so that I can hardwire my Uniden R3 and not have any dangling 12V adaptor wires. Comparing my mirror stem and lane keep assist camera unit to the pictures on Blendmount's website, I'm confident that I need to get their specialty mount, and NOT the standard mount recommended by their partfinder. I have already contacted Blendmount's customer support and will report on their response. Can't wait to clean up the look of my cabin!

Here are some pics I took of my mirror stem with some pics from Blendmount's website:
20190219_222621.jpg

blendmount.jpg

Does anybody have experience installing one of these and tapping into the rearview power supply? The guy on Obsessed Garage posted a video installing one for his F150 Raptor. I figure our installation should be similar. However, I'm super hesistant to pry off the plastic housing of the lane keep camera.

Sponsored

ulev1st

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC FX4 ,2012 F250 Lariat FX4, 2017 Shelby GT350, 14 Ford Focus
Occupation
Retire Marine and Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I too am wanting to run a hardwire setup with a BlendMount. Went to my local audio dealer on Friday and he took measurements and photos and sent to BlendMount. We haven't heard back from them yet but the way it looks to us id there isn't sufficient room for the mount to go between the mirror and the plastic surround. Let us know what you find out.. If I get any answers I too will post here!

oggvorbis

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I've used a blendmount in all of my previous vehicles but I just assumed it wouldn't work with our mirrors because the exposed cylinder length is so short. According to blendmount's website, it even states that it needs at least a minimum length of 1". The car I replaced my Ranger with is the same blendmount product number as the one for the Ranger. I haven't tried installing it because I was waiting for the weather to warm up before tinting the windshield, but I can give it a shot today after work.
blendmount-allother.jpg

In regards to power, the mirror tap is pretty awesome, except for what they charge for it. Takes less than a few minutes to install. You basically just slip the blade into your existing mirror harness that's feeding power to it, just like how the posted video shows. Don't feel hesitant to pop the housing on and off, it's pretty easy and designed to do that.

@rangerdanger The Mirrortap website has options for a few different brands and models of dashcameras.
https://store.blendmount.com/mirror...line-fuse-with-military-grade-taps-p3623.aspx

The dash cameras that I use are all wired by mini or microusb so all I did was just buy a 15' micro-usb cable from monoprice.com ($2.00!) and just routed it from the rear usb ports to underneath the seat, up the the door trim, and tucked it up over the windshield trim to the camera.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I've used a blendmount in all of my previous vehicles but I just assumed it wouldn't work with our mirrors because the exposed cylinder length is so short. According to blendmount's website, it even states that it needs at least a minimum length of 1". The car I replaced my Ranger with is the same blendmount product number as the one for the Ranger. I haven't tried installing it because I was waiting for the weather to warm up before tinting the windshield, but I can give it a shot today after work.
blendmount-allother.jpg

In regards to power, the mirror tap is pretty awesome, except for what they charge for it. Takes less than a few minutes to install. You basically just slip the blade into your existing mirror harness that's feeding power to it, just like how the posted video shows. Don't feel hesitant to pop the housing on and off, it's pretty easy and designed to do that.

@rangerdanger The Mirrortap website has options for a few different brands and models of dashcameras.
https://store.blendmount.com/mirror...line-fuse-with-military-grade-taps-p3623.aspx

The dash cameras that I use are all wired by mini or microusb so all I did was just buy a 15' micro-usb cable from monoprice.com ($2.00!) and just routed it from the rear usb ports to underneath the seat, up the the door trim, and tucked it up over the windshield trim to the camera.
Thanks. I'll be following this closely.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
Yes but Blendmount doesn't make anything with a Micro USB plug, so I still need an adapter.
You could use a voltage buck converter to drop it from 14.4v to 5v. They make them pretty small now.

OP
OP
ToothRanger

ToothRanger

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
D.D.S.
Vehicle Showcase
Got a response from Blendmount today:
1.jpg
2.jpg

Does anybody have access to calipers? I have calipers at home somewhere buried deep in my supplies from school. I'll try to dig them out tonight and take a measurement.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Got a response from Blendmount today:
1.jpg
2.jpg

Does anybody have access to calipers? I have calipers at home somewhere buried deep in my supplies from school. I'll try to dig them out tonight and take a measurement.
Thanks for doing this!

ulev1st

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I already sent them pics and caliper readings thru my local vendor SoundWaves in Memphis Tn last week.....hmmmmmm

OP
OP
ToothRanger

ToothRanger

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
D.D.S.
Vehicle Showcase
I already sent them pics and caliper readings thru my local vendor SoundWaves in Memphis Tn last week.....hmmmmmm
I emailed them last night. No response yet. I measured ~10.4mm. @ulev1st do you remember your reading?

Last edited:

ulev1st

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It was the same...10.4

OP
OP
ToothRanger

ToothRanger

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
D.D.S.
Vehicle Showcase
Just checked my email this morning. I'll be beta-testing a new Blendmount soon! :rockon:

OP
OP
ToothRanger

ToothRanger

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
D.D.S.
Vehicle Showcase
Found a Blendmount and Mirrortap in the mail tonight. Installation was pretty simple, with easy-to-follow instructions provided by the manufacturer. Everything took about an hour.

20190318_215517.jpg
20190318_215545.jpg
20190318_224603.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: