got3fords

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I've upgraded my rears to Bilstein 4600's, and I agree with the overall sentiment of this thread. However, I am planning to upgrade the front suspension as well- can't stand the wallowy front suspension, the truck just feels way out of balance with the super soft front end and firmer rear.
I am a little worried about that as well. I guess I'll just have the dealer do the front if it's bad enough.
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I feel ya, I wanted to put in my new multi leaf rear sprigs today but the house AC decided to take a crap so that took precedence, 101 today, 107 tomorrow. Got the AC fixed ( start capacitor on the condenser ) so I'll try and get the springs hammered out tomorrow before the heat and then take a dip in the pool before returning to a well ACed house.
If you lost the starter cap on the unit I would suggest you also replace the starter relay. High current draws that kill the caps will also pit the contacts on the relay. This sets into motion the same situation reoccurring

Depending on the age of the unit they also have hard start aux caps that you add in to the circuit.

My central AC is pretty old. Learned a lot over the years to keep it humming along!

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Received my Eibach's today, will install this weekend after the 100Âş+ heat is over.
Well, got them on with little trouble, mainly just the top right nut is behind the bracket and its a very tight fit, ended up taping the nut in place (kept falling out of the tabs) after fishing it out from behind the bracket from dropping it twice. Used a small floor jack (motorcycle) to compress the bottom eyelet into place for the bolt, that was actually much easier than a ratchet strap. It was already mid-90Âş when I finished so will test it out on a 200 mile trip to family tomorrow.

OP
OP
got3fords

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Well Fedex tracking says my Eibachs should be waiting for me when I get home. Any helpful tips on install? I assume you mount the top end first.

OP
OP
got3fords

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Well somebody at Eibach screwed the pooch. This is what I received today. But I called and got great customer service and they are sending out the right ones ASAP. I was so hoping to get the new ones on tonight.
1631833298034.png

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Well Fedex tracking says my Eibachs should be waiting for me when I get home. Any helpful tips on install? I assume you mount the top end first.
Yup, and be ready to push hard... Its not that difficult, but you have to get under the shocks to push up. The guy who helped me said the bed of the truck lifted an inch before they started compressing.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I swapped the rears only with Eibach pro truck 2.0 and it helped a lot. I bought them because at the time the bilstein 5100s were out of stock, and I don't know one is better than the other but from reading they are both about the same. Easy install in my driveway. Recommended.

I can tell the front is still a bit soft, but swapping the rears makes a huge difference and I can live with the fronts as is.

brroberts

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD SuperCab
Occupation
audio / semi retired
I found the Bilstien 4600’s enough on the rear. Don’t really mind the front, but some do. Very easy to compress the shock with a small ratchet strap and then just stick it in. The rears are a really easy job.

janitorjim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2021 302 pkg, FX2, Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I found the Bilstien 4600’s enough on the rear. Don’t really mind the front, but some do. Very easy to compress the shock with a small ratchet strap and then just stick it in. The rears are a really easy job.
ok maybe a stupid question but I hear about the ratchet strap to compress. Is this after you have the top bolted in and if so are you placing the hook of the ratchet in the bottom bolt hole of the shock then the other hook on the leaf spring (or frame) and then ratchet it down?

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
ok maybe a stupid question but I hear about the ratchet strap to compress. Is this after you have the top bolted in and if so are you placing the hook of the ratchet in the bottom bolt hole of the shock then the other hook on the leaf spring (or frame) and then ratchet it down?
No, I wrapped the strap around the shock posts, and protected the body of the shock with a rag. Compressed the shock, and then put it in place and adjusted the strap so the holes lined up. Once bolted in I let the strap loose completely and pulled it out. Some people can compress the shock by hand, but I couldn't. The ratchet strap worked.

janitorjim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2021 302 pkg, FX2, Sport
Vehicle Showcase
No, I wrapped the strap around the shock posts, and protected the body of the shock with a rag. Compressed the shock, and then put it in place and adjusted the strap so the holes lined up. Once bolted in I let the strap loose completely and pulled it out. Some people can compress the shock by hand, but I couldn't. The ratchet strap worked.
ok that make sense. thanks

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Did anyone say YES yet?? LOL I went with Eibachs all the way around and a HUGE improvement.

GSD4EVR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL-STX 4WD
Installing the Eibach rears this weekend and have some questions....

1 Does orientation matter? I've seen videos showing both ways.
2 Is dust boot necessary? Most videos they don't use it.
3 What is the torque for the bolts?
1) Some say yes, some say no. I have the Bilsteins and according to the manufacturer the bottle goes down and the piston goes up.

2) Not really. Depends on where you do most of your driving.

3) IIRC it is 55 ft-lb for the rears
Sponsored