Question about mounting 5g phones in 5g rangers

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Just for clarification, 5G phones are compatible with 4G, right? So you are not left hanging where there is no 5G.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Just for clarification, 5G phones are compatible with 4G, right? So you are not left hanging where there is no 5G.
Correct. They'll connect to 5G if there's a signal but revert to 4G when there isn't one. If you don't have a lot of 5G towers in your area it's best to turn it off as it can run the battery down constantly looking for a 5G signal.

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger ˋ19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
I hardly ever connect my phone with a cable. :wink:

Nope I'm a wimp and anything under 70 is to cold for me! ?
HaHa, my livingroom has 62 at the moment. We prepare for the next run on stalin wolgograd here in germ….:giggle:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
HaHa, my livingroom has 62 at the moment. We prepare for the next run on stalin wolgograd here in germ….:giggle:
62 is freezing! ?

Can you heat with wood, coal or pellets there?

OP
OP
Fordup

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Ed I use this magnet mount here. I've had it for over 3 years now and it works great with my 5G phone. I'm using an Otterbox commuter case and have the disc fixed to the back side of the case.

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_0934.jpg
Okay who are you?

I know you're not Dave, he has an arsenal of 303 products that would never allow dust like that in his Ranger!

Sheesh, looks as bad as mine!

Capt Jon

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I use a wireless charger that mounts securely to the air vent on passenger side, facing me. The arms extend a retract automatically. For power I plug it into one of the 5V recepticles on the back of the center console. I use the M1 wireless device to connect the phone for AAuto.
A car chg.jpg

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger ˋ19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
62 is freezing! ?

Can you heat with wood, coal or pellets there?
yes, of course. But i‘am lazy and let the gas boiler do the work. I have equipped the entire house with low-temperature surface heating circuits, which react very slowly and because the temperatures here are again around 0 degrees, so it has gotten a little warmer, it heats a little less. over 1 to 2 days everything regulates itself back up to a pleasant 21 degrees. If I'm not too lazy to heat up with the wood-burning stove, I don't need a sweater during this time either.

Markubis

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT, Volkswagon Tiguan, Can Am Ryker
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Correct. They'll connect to 5G if there's a signal but revert to 4G when there isn't one. If you don't have a lot of 5G towers in your area it's best to turn it off as it can run the battery down constantly looking for a 5G signal.
Unless you have an iPhone or a Samsung, whose internal switching software and antennaes suck. Then you'll get dropped calls and poor call quality at those 4g/5g switch locations.

Oops...did I say that out loud?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Unless you have an iPhone or a Samsung, whose internal switching software and antennaes suck. Then you'll get dropped calls and poor call quality at those 4g/5g switch locations.

Oops...did I say that out loud?
That's why I turned it off about a year ago. I get a good 5G signal here at the house but it's spotty in most places. While I never had any dropped calls I did notice my battery draining more from constantly looking for a 5G signal. I don't get online much at all on my phone so I really don't care about internet speeds from 5G.

GTHAYS

First Name
Glynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL STX
Occupation
23 Years in Prison on the 8 hour installment plan. (Retired, intact)
If you have an iPhone 12 and up, this magsafe mount is great! Just installed it and fits perfect. You can either get the non charging head or the charging head. The USB ports in the dash dont have enough power for the charging head. The ports in the backseat do, however.

https://coursemotorsports.com/colle...ect-fit-magnetic-phone-mount-ford-ranger-2015
Saw and ordered one the other day. It's arriving this coming week. Seems clean and secure. Good to know about the charging ports.
Sponsored