quck question form a newb

hawk43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Just purchased new Ranger Friday and Saturday I was wiping down interior and was in the back and saw this...(see pic)

Looks like the usb port on the right got pinched when they were popping the cover on. My question is does does the the little charging light symbol underneath illuminate when truck lights are on? Mine does not and that port will not allow anything to be plugged in because its recessed...I probably could fix that part if is isn't broken inside. I ask the light question because the front ones do light up on the perimeter of the ports when lights are on and everything else lights up too lol... I don't want to pop the panel off if they are supposed to light up and don't. I'll let Ford fix that if the light doesn't work either..The left port itself does work with switch on..have not tried with it off.

Thanks in advance...enjoy your rides.

Hawk

IMG_0070.JPG
Sponsored

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
My USB ports did not light up in the back when I checked this evening. The front ones have a ring around the port that lights. Personally I would take a small tool of some sort and see if I could very gently coax the socket to move, it may pop back in to place. A plastic tool or a least make sure the power to the USB was not active if using metal. Not saying it would zap you but you don't want to chance shorting something. If it did not seem to want to move then bring it to the dealers attention.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hawk43

hawk43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
My USB ports did not light up in the back when I checked this evening. The front ones have a ring around the port that lights. Personally I would take a small tool of some sort and see if I could very gently coax the socket to move, it may pop back in to place. A plastic tool or a least make sure the power to the USB was not active if using metal. Not saying it would zap you but you don't want to chance shorting something. If it did not seem to want to move then bring it to the dealers attention.

I think the cover on the back of the console that these two ports are supposed to stick through and the 110 plug also just pops off...I feel better that they are not lit up. I will either take it off and look just let the dealer deal with it when I go back for my steps...I did try to get it to pop out wiggling it a little but no luck..I didn't want to leave any trace evidence either. :wink:

I do appreciate you checking for me...that helps. I found another defect today too...The overhead sun glass door drops like the tailgate...I think it is supposed to have a clock spring. Hell even the glove box drops slowly..

Overall though I am happy with the quality and fit an finish..I worked for more than 45 year in Tooling and Gauging in a large bearing plant. We sometimes measured items to one millionth of an inch... >.0005 was like a football field. :lol: So anyhow I am pretty high up the anal scale and hard to please.. The truck is nice and well built overall I think.

Thanks for checking on the illumination..

Dustin Yoder

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercab FX4
I'd get the dealer to fix it. From a computer background, something like that will break and be useless. There's no excuse that would make me ok with accepting that.

OP
OP
hawk43

hawk43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I'd get the dealer to fix it. From a computer background, something like that will break and be useless. There's no excuse that would make me ok with accepting that.

I took it soon after this thread....they fixed that part good as new. Still waiting on overhead console to be replaced.
Sponsored