Proclip Phone Mount for the Ranger is Now Available!

Pirategrad

First Name
Clem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
I'm a fan of Proclip phone mount solutions and used them for almost ten years in all my vehicles. These mounts are high quality no-drill solutions custom made for your specific vehicle. They are nit cheap since you have to by the car mount and the device holder separately but the device holder can be transferred to your next mount which is what I did when I traded my Ford Escape for the Ranger. I received my mount today in the mail. it took my about 5 minutes to install the mount in my vehicle and about 10 minutes to install the device holder for my iPhone XS Max. It looks great and is secure. This solution does partially block access to the dash tray. If you're using the full tray, this solution may not work for you, I don't really like using the tray because of the hot Texas Sun. You can read more about Proclip at their website - www.proclipusa.com

Here are some pictures of my installation...

IMG_1107.jpg
IMG_1103.jpeg
IMG_1105.jpeg
IMG_1106.jpeg

BTW - This is CarPlay's new home screen in iOS 13.:)
Sponsored

DentonB

First Name
Denton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2019 Ram 4x4 Cummins), 2015 Audi A3 convertible
I'm a fan of Proclip phone mount solutions and used them for almost ten years in all my vehicles. These mounts are high quality no-drill solutions custom made for your specific vehicle. They are nit cheap since you have to by the car mount and the device holder separately but the device holder can be transferred to your next mount which is what I did when I traded my Ford Escape for the Ranger. I received my mount today in the mail. it took my about 5 minutes to install the mount in my vehicle and about 10 minutes to install the device holder for my iPhone XS Max. It looks great and is secure. This solution does partially block access to the dash tray. If you're using the full tray, this solution may not work for you, I don't really like using the tray because of the hot Texas Sun. You can read more about Proclip at their website - www.proclipusa.com

IMG_1107.jpg
IMG_1103.jpeg
IMG_1105.jpeg
IMG_1106.jpeg

Been enjoying IOS 13 here too. Had one of these in my Audi and ordering one for the Ranger.

OP
OP
Pirategrad

Pirategrad

First Name
Clem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would much prefer a console mount from ProClip.
I considered the universal console mounts but they are too low for me to see and intrude into the passenger’s space where it’s located. This is not where I would have preferred the mount be located on the Ranger. The F-150 solution puts it closer to the driver and doesn’t interfere with the tray. But all things considered, this works way better for me than the magnetic or the beanbag/adjustable mount solutions I was used.

OP
OP
Pirategrad

Pirategrad

First Name
Clem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it made out plastic or metal? Magnetic attachment?
Both the mount and phone holders are made of ABS plastic. No magnetic attachment. The holder is adjustable to fit your phone. You also have to select the holder for the device and the type of case you have on your device. It’s sturdy and doesn’t mark or scratch your dashboard nor does it require any drilling.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Both the mount and phone holders are made of ABS plastic. No magnetic attachment. The holder is adjustable to fit your phone. You also have to select the holder for the device and the type of case you have on your device. It’s sturdy and doesn’t mark or scratch your dashboard nor does it require any drilling.
I think on the web site they have a magnetic mount. Check it out to verify if one wants.

MagneticRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCab FX4

IMG_1107.jpg
IMG_1103.jpeg
IMG_1105.jpeg
IMG_1106.jpeg

Hello,

I just installed this mount myself ...I was just wondering ...the fitment is tight which is good for obvious reasons but because of how tight it is ...do you find the mount pulling up the back of that tray leaving a gap?

Mine definitely does ..and was just curious if you had made any adjustments or corrections to combat that ? I should also note it does not cause any squeaks or rattles because of this ..I'm just aware it's present

IMG_20190630_104659.jpg

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
You are right about the cost too much. The weathertech ruins my cup holder, no to that one also,

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2004 Corvette, 2005 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retired Quality and EHS Manager
I can make phone calls, choose music, navigate, and more with my phone in my pocket.
Seriously, why do you need a dash mount for your phone?
I agree. It's too expensive and provides just another distraction to look at when you are driving. The phone can be in the tray and plugged in to USB or a 12v power adapter on long trips.

MagneticRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCab FX4
I don't advocate distracted driving....but in my case my truck is a 300a package with no nav and basic sync

Using Android Auto for navigation and to receive AND respond to text messages hands free is nice.

Basic sync receives but does not send proper responses

This mount also allows me to still plug in for charging

OP
OP
Pirategrad

Pirategrad

First Name
Clem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello,

I just installed this mount myself ...I was just wondering ...the fitment is tight which is good for obvious reasons but because of how tight it is ...do you find the mount pulling up the back of that tray leaving a gap?

Mine definitely does ..and was just curious if you had made any adjustments or corrections to combat that ? I should also note it does not cause any squeaks or rattles because of this ..I'm just aware it's present

IMG_20190630_104659.jpg
I have the same situation. There’s a small gap but the holder sits tight and doesn’t shake when driving. I hope the fit remains tight over time.
Sponsored