Problems finding alignment shop after DIY leveling kit install

robsquatch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Has anybody had trouble finding a shop that can align their Ranger after the leveling kit is installed? I installed the 2.5" kit myself over the weekend and all the local shops are saying that they cannot enter manual specifications for an alignment and none of them have 2019 Ford Ranger specs in their system yet.
Sponsored

RodSlinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Dakota
The techs are morons. If they don't have the factory data they just need to zero the toe, make sure you have 4-5 degrees of caster and about .5 camber. This is safe for about any vehicle on the road.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
The techs are morons. If they don't have the factory data they just need to zero the toe, make sure you have 4-5 degrees of caster and about .5 camber. This is safe for about any vehicle on the road.
There are no more alignment techs, just appliance operators who know how to push buttons on a machine and click the right year, make, and model.

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Look up the Rough Country 2.5" lift, the alignment specs are in the last page of the instructions. I did not use this particular lift, but I took their specs to my shop and it worked out fine.

Last edited:

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Found a groupon in Carson, Big Tires. What a bunch of thieves. They claimed the price was going to be higher because the wheels were larger than 15". F those scumbags.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I took my truck to install spacers today. I bought the 2.5" Rough Country. Doing it at Ford's Quick Lane. They don't have the software for the alignment of the Ranger so they told me to wait until they get the SW. So yeah it's true for honest techs, Alignment cannot be done yet at Quick Lane. They installed spacers on a new unsold Ranger for looks but cannot sell the truck until it's aligned.

RodSlinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Dakota
For anyone in Atlanta area that can't find a good alignment you can go to Gran Turismo East in Decatur or Fast Lane Imports in Smyrna.

They will set you up anyway you want. Factory or your own specs.
Sponsored