First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 cc
Occupation
Parts
Is the Livernois tune the most powerful tune from a reputable manufacturer?
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
That I am aware of yes. There are some that like the 5Star tune but be aware that if you are one of the Texans that like to go to Colorado then you will want to avoid 5Star. 5Star has to tune it for the high elevation but Livernois automatically adjusts. I have the Livernois and I love it. I have 3 tunes from them, low octane performance(87-89), high octane performance(91-93) and tow tune(87-93 flex). I currently run the tow tune due to better low end torque and it does the job nicely.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
That I am aware of yes. There are some that like the 5Star tune but be aware that if you are one of the Texans that like to go to Colorado then you will want to avoid 5Star. 5Star has to tune it for the high elevation but Livernois automatically adjusts. I have the Livernois and I love it. I have 3 tunes from them, low octane performance(87-89), high octane performance(91-93) and tow tune(87-93 flex). I currently run the tow tune due to better low end torque and it does the job nicely.
I went Livernois as well. Plenty of power on tap, very smooth, and great customer service.

No regrets and great value for the $

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
"I don't need to tune this truck. I don't need to tune this truck. I don't need to tune this truck. I don't need to tune this truck. I don't need to tune this truck."

I keep saying that over and over in my head. But then I keep reading about how much I need to tune this truck. Curse this forum!

gbritt89

First Name
Garret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Vehicle Showcase
Solid tip. Had never read that before!

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
"I don't need to tune this truck. I don't need to tune this truck. I don't need to tune this truck. I don't need to tune this truck. I don't need to tune this truck."

I keep saying that over and over in my head. But then I keep reading about how much I need to tune this truck. Curse this forum!
Need is a such a strong word, WANT on the other hand...

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
This is a hard choice, for me the selling point is I can purchase a power train warranty from 5star, that also covers aftermarket parts. But Livernois seems to be a very capable and reliable tune as well, that I think the majority of people are running, and it was cheaper also.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
2 other to consider who are both EcoBoost guys. Unleashed Tuning and Gearhead Tuning. I have both tunes and like them both. Easy to drive at low speeds, improved shifting and plenty of power! Gearhead has an auto octane feature so no need to change tunes to the fuel you are using.

Mustangman02232

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 ranger
I had gear head tunes on my 6.0 stroker, have been debating about doing a 5 star because I have used either them or VMP for my gas jobs but maybe we will try something different

Livernois Motorsports

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
I went Livernois as well. Plenty of power on tap, very smooth, and great customer service.

No regrets and great value for the $
Thank you very much for the positive feedback guys! We greatly appreciate your support.

Chrisalford Feel free to give us a shout if you'd like to discus our offerings a bit further in depth, we would be happy to help!

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
I had gear head tunes on my 6.0 stroker, have been debating about doing a 5 star because I have used either them or VMP for my gas jobs but maybe we will try something different
I've been running the GH tune for about 2-weeks and am very happy with it! It drives like a dream around town but when you go WOT, man it moves!

Reactions: Doc

RangerRick19

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger

You and me both pal!

OP
OP
Chrisalford

Chrisalford

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 cc
Occupation
Parts

Yep, same "mistake" here ready the tune reviews! Now I have a really bad case of the wants!

13 Second Ranger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I would love to see real world comparisons of all tuners on the same vehicle with back to back dyno pulls/track time. I know when I was tune only on 93 octane I would pull on the same truck with different tuners software. Obviously now with E85 it's like clubbing baby seals. I would love to see more fast Ranger's out there....
Sponsored