First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Store Manager
I was talking to a customer service rep from a company called C.L Laurence Inc - (they have been making aftermarket auto glass for years))

They already make power sliders for older generation Rangers.

http://www.crlaurence.com/crlapps/s...tory=30587:21770:1336:1385&ModelID=1532&pom=0

While they basically said anything is possible, they said if there was enough interest, it might be something they would look in to.

Can’t hurt.
[email protected]

for the record, I don’t work for the Company or have any business deals if something goes thru. I know this is one of the things on Ranger Owners wish lists.

Just a thought.
Sponsored

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
I was talking to a customer service rep from a company called C.L Laurence Inc - (they have been making aftermarket auto glass for years))

They already make power sliders for older generation Rangers.

http://www.crlaurence.com/crlapps/s...tory=30587:21770:1336:1385&ModelID=1532&pom=0

While they basically said anything is possible, they said if there was enough interest, it might be something they would look in to.

Can’t hurt.
[email protected]

for the record, I don’t work for the Company or have any business deals if something goes thru. I know this is one of the things on Ranger Owners wish lists.

Just a thought.
I'd like one, depending on cost. I don't have any slider in my rear.

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
If I had it I would use it.

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Ranger Lariat
Depending on how their product would replace or add to the current window, absolutely interested

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Make it a whole window drop like the Toyota and I'd be interested...
2004-toyota-tundra-back-window-jpg.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Why these aren't powered powered from the factory in this day n age is beyond me. I've never used mine once in almost 2 years, my Tacoma was the same way and I never opened that one either. They put a damper on the glove box but no option for a power slider? :crazy: :shock:

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I'd be just as happy to have had a solid glass back there, as I don't use the sliding window either.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I like it , if the price is right, maintains my oem defroster and can see more pics up close.

PltFX4

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2109 Ranger Lariat FX4
FYI:
"I think you ’al have been asked before about this… but have not seemed to gotten an answer… but the 2019+ USA Ranger community REALLY wants this to work or have you modify/make one that will.

Ford does not offer a power sliding rear cab window in any trim level for the US market. This is a market opportunity for you, IMO.

Anyway, please advise. I for one, would buy it straight away if it works.

https://www.crlaurence.com/crlapps/...ory=30587:21770:1336:1385&ModelID=56608&pom=0"

Response:
"Hi Richard thank you for your interest in our products. We did not complete testing on the 2019+ Ranger cabs to confirm that our slider will fit into this model. At this time we are not moving forward with new design for any future any new vehicle releases.

We again thank you for your interest in our products

Michelle Iglesias
Supervisor, Product Group Sales, Glazing, Automotive, Door and Window Supplies
crlaurence.com
O 800.421.6144 x 16181
2503 E. Vernon Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90058"

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
"... but the 2019+ USA Ranger community REALLY wants this to work or have you modify/make one that will."

I think they realize this was an exaggerated statement. This thread is the first time I've ever seen anyone bring this topic up. Their response seems completely in-line with the realistic demand, which is probably next to none in relation to the thousands of these on the road.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
"... but the 2019+ USA Ranger community REALLY wants this to work or have you modify/make one that will."

I think they realize this was an exaggerated statement. This thread is the first time I've ever seen anyone bring this topic up. Their response seems completely in-line with the realistic demand, which is probably next to none in relation to the thousands of these on the road.
As a SuperCrew owner it doesn't interest me. I get adequate ventilation.

PltFX4

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2109 Ranger Lariat FX4

Not so much... there is another thread where a good number of folks said, A. they like the sliding window (some did not) and B. As long as we have it, it should be powered.

Based on that thread, I sent the email. The interest is NOT nill.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Not so much... there is another thread where a good number of folks said, A. they like the sliding window (some did not) and B. As long as we have it, it should be powered.

Based on that thread, I sent the email. The interest is NOT nill.
That is until someone takes this on and sells a solution that catches on like wildfire and then they will say, oh!!! We got one too!!!
Sponsored