Power mirror/ folding/ adjusting not powered??? Need advice.

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback16, Ford Ranger 11
Occupation
⭐ tender
Vehicle Showcase
So I’ve been running my pod lights to this fuse slot (36-power mirror) for about a year now, no problem, while I was testing out a new bar light, I finished the wiring and added to the rocker switch panel, started the truck, switched the bar Light button to on and boom, the fuse blew. I replaced the 15A mini fuse in the interior fuse box for the mirrors. I didn’t have anything piggytailed on the slot this time. Turned the truck back on and still no power, unable to fold mirrors or adjust. I than proceeded to take the battery (-) off for about 15 minutes to reset the system. I Tried again and still the same result, no power!
What am I missing here can anyone trouble shoot this??? Assistant would be helpful! Also a message came on during ignition (full accessory power active) and the front airbag icon is illuminated while the vehicle is running. I also think fuse slot 37 doesn’t have power either. What a mess! Im gonna go lie down and cry!! Lol
4B7F726E-EB08-4C8F-A19F-0CF8E92DEB0E.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
PatrickM

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback16, Ford Ranger 11
Occupation
⭐ tender
Vehicle Showcase
So after a few hours of trying to dissect the issue, I believe there could be a blown Mirror switch. I will most likely have to bring the truck down to ford sometime this week! Hopefully Since I’m still under warranty, I won’t have to shell out for the repair!
And if anyone wants chime in, I have another question regarding the fuse box, could an entire section be blown, and if so how would one fix it or trace where the problem could be? it seems like fuse slot 36 and 37 aren’t working or pulling any juice when the truck is on????

Macnutbrittle

First Name
ohia-lehua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger
Occupation
candy maker
So after a few hours of trying to dissect the issue, I believe there could be a blown Mirror switch. I will most likely have to bring the truck down to ford sometime this week! Hopefully Since I’m still under warranty, I won’t have to shell out for the repair!
And if anyone wants chime in, I have another question regarding the fuse box, could an entire section be blown, and if so how would one fix it or trace where the problem could be? it seems like fuse slot 36 and 37 aren’t working or pulling any juice when the truck is on????
Did you get this resolved mine won't work and fuse box in cab all good. Check all the fuses. I did not blow any fuse in the cab.

Mackman

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I would check that I have power to the swith before I would replace it

Macnutbrittle

First Name
ohia-lehua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger
Occupation
candy maker
I would check that I have power to the swith before I would replace it
Thanks. There was no power to the switch I check that also the fuses.

It's fixed.
Yah . But there is a big but. When the tech at the dealership replaced the wire harness. He cut the wire. The the service advisory try to tell me that the add a fuse was in the way and the tech can't do it.
Well then, I made it super clear that the mirrors did not work after the replacement of the harness.

Well it's fixed.
Sponsored