Potential Project : Single Cab with Dual Cab Tub and toolbox inbetween

Thejango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hino
Occupation
Construction labourer
Hi, I am thinking about making a dual cab tub fitted on single cab ranger and installing custom made toolbox/storage between cab and tub. My idea is (if I can fit the tub) to make f150 or raptor conversion as the bonnet, left and right guards, heaadlights, taillights etc.
I have been doing my research for sometime and found that single cab and dual cab's chassis is the same and all wheelbase are the same too. So anyone knows anything about this potential project or any attempts?
Thanks
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Hi, I am thinking about making a dual cab tub fitted on single cab ranger and installing custom made toolbox/storage between cab and tub. My idea is (if I can fit the tub) to make f150 or raptor conversion as the bonnet, left and right guards, heaadlights, taillights etc.
I have been doing my research for sometime and found that single cab and dual cab's chassis is the same and all wheelbase are the same too. So anyone knows anything about this potential project or any attempts?
Thanks
Yes , there is a Mr. Rube Goldberg that shares similar goals ...
e1909b12065c4ec77b72dd9f1d270d46.gif

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
I bet it is possible. Look at the 2008 f150 with the integrated toolbox for inspiration. Its was a single cab with a short bed on a long bed frame.

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Yup I was googling and can't find it. Someone on here will post it im sure.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Thanks
My metalworking experience is limited to opening tuna cans and crumpling aluminum foil. But if I was to attempt a build like this, I would start with a chassis cab. Then find a 5- or 6-foot box, depending on how big a tool box I wanted, and fabricate the toolbox to fit in-between. That way the cab would not have to be cut up, cab back and rear window would not be touched and remain waterproof.

OP
OP

Thejango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hino
Occupation
Construction labourer
I dont want to modify cab or tub (apart from f150 conversion/bodykit).
I just want to install toolbox on the chassis before tub after cab where will be an empty area after installing tub. If it makes sense. I will try to photoshop something when I’m on pc.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Understand what your thinking of doing, but why ?
You end up with a shorter bed, and a cross chassis box that is maybe 12-18 inches wide.
Same thing could be accomplished by installing a large cross bed chest at the front, inside, of the bed.

e4ee5380-6659-4d30-8f51-29b2ff0a0d68_1.0641ca61c8318d25bdaed3667fb50110.jpeg

OP
OP

Thejango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hino
Occupation
Construction labourer
Understand what your thinking of doing, but why ?
You end up with a shorter bed, and a cross chassis box that is maybe 12-18 inches wide.
Same thing could be accomplished by installing a large cross bed chest at the front, inside, of the bed.
I guess I like single cabs more especially a bit lowered version. And toolbox maybe gives it different look I think.
Just to add, here in Australia at least in Sydney, single cab w/ tub is rare and if you find it would be expensive. Most single cabs are aluminium tray or similar.

OP
OP

Thejango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hino
Occupation
Construction labourer
Yes , there is a Mr. Rube Goldberg that shares similar goals ...
e1909b12065c4ec77b72dd9f1d270d46.gif
I have been looking in the forum but couldn’t find any member named Rube Goldberg. Maybe changed the name?

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I have been looking in the forum but couldn’t find any member named Rube Goldberg. Maybe changed the name?
"Rube Goldberg" is a name/term that is given to a project that initially would be very simple, and then making it way unnecessarily complicated.
Kind of like what your attempting...
Where a simple bed box would do for storage, your trying to engineer something that may get very complicated.

OP
OP

Thejango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hino
Occupation
Construction labourer
"Rube Goldberg" is a name/term that is given to a project that initially would be very simple, and then making it way unnecessarily complicated.
Kind of like what your attempting...
Where a simple bed box would do for storage, your trying to engineer something that may get very complicated.
I understand it is complicated and will be complicated. It will be very unique if I attempt and finish the project.
Here is the toolbox similar what I have in mind not checker plate though would be stainless steel.

A8920914-B7ED-433F-BE6A-6BED8E16274C.jpeg

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
My bad , when your so old nobody gets your references, well , time to call it... you searched for Rube Goldberg on this forum? Or are you re-messing with me ? I have laughed my ass off either way...

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
To.start you.have to find or make a single cab truck. Chances are you will have to make one if the single cab isnt made. As for extended cab? You can use that but you will only have 1 foot to work with inbetween the cab and bed. If anything you would need to shorten the bed to make more room.

I'm sure it would be interesting to say the least though

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
To.start you.have to find or make a single cab truck. Chances are you will have to make one if the single cab isnt made. As for extended cab? You can use that but you will only have 1 foot to work with inbetween the cab and bed. If anything you would need to shorten the bed to make more room.

I'm sure it would be interesting to say the least though
From his terminology it sounds like he probably lives somewhere that gets single cab trucks.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
From his terminology it sounds like he probably lives somewhere that gets single cab trucks.
10-4. From his bio, he says he's from Sydney. I'm assuming that's Australia not Nebraska. Every continent except NA has regular and chassis cab Rangers available.
Sponsored