First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Well after getting the NOCO GB40 I got to test it out today on my Dad's 72 GMC with a 401 big block. Had to.jump it twice and it did it just fine. To say the least my dad was impressed. I'm happy with it to say the least

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
I have the Audew battery jump starter in each of my cars, but I still carry a high quality jumper cable I made 35 years ago in my 2005 Ranger.

Just in case.

Old habits die hard!

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
I tried the Noco GB20 on my dad's Subaru yesterday and it didn't provide enough juice to start, only a slow momentary turn. His battery was totally dead and won't hold a charge for long. He failed to mention the car was slow to start 4 days earlier and then it sat for 4 days unused. Ended up having a neighbor use his quick charger on it and got it running. Measured 4v on the charger when he hooked it up.
A little disappointed in the GB20.

Awg9Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT SCAB
I tried the Noco GB20 on my dad's Subaru yesterday and it didn't provide enough juice to start, only a slow momentary turn. His battery was totally dead and won't hold a charge for long. He failed to mention the car was slow to start 4 days earlier and then it sat for 4 days unused. Ended up having a neighbor use his quick charger on it and got it running. Measured 4v on the charger when he hooked it up.
Did you press the “dead battery button” on the Noco?

Awg9Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT SCAB
It’s called “manual override” in the instructions.

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Yeah..... The GB20 is great for Power Sports and that is about it. That Subaru I'm sure has a cold cranking amp requirement of more than 500 amps

OP
OP
LaBalbe

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I ended up getting the NOCO GBX 45 (same one that I borrowed from my neighbour), and am now giving it its first charge. It worked well, and it'll be nice to have that extra back-up.

I've seen some say to charge it every 3 months, others every 6; for those that have this particular model (or a similar one from this brand), what do you find is necessary? It will, of course, probably be a shorter time frame for me in winter due to the cold, so snow belt responses are the most helpful.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
I got a tacklife version it works pretty well. also has a mini flashlight and can charge phones and has a 12V power point output. They got kicked off Amazon though so if id was buying one in todays time id probably go with NOCO brand, they make pretty good stuff.

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
I'm cheap so I bought the Imazing IM29 a few year ago. Project Farm is always doing reviews on jump starters. Here is one of them with the Noco GB40 mentioned above:

This project farm guy is who I see when I'm considering the purchase of something.

Ohwell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
I bought the Noco GB40 for $70 bucks on a black Friday sale, I also used a ten dollar-off coupon to get the plastic case for it at the same store. It's charged and stored under the back seat and hopefully, I never have to use it.
Sponsored