First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 xlt ranger 62 galaxie
Occupation
Truck driver
Are you fellas getting pop up adds on the forum? Whether I am logged in or not, I keep getting adds that move to lower right corner of screen and play as a video. It just started doing this yesterday, it is extremely annoying, and makes it slow to scroll through the page.
Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Are you fellas getting pop up adds on the forum? Whether I am logged in or not, I keep getting adds that move to lower right corner of screen and play as a video. It just started doing this yesterday, it is extremely annoying, and makes it slow to scroll through the page.
  • Sounds like an adware virus. Google "how to get rid of adware virus" for answers. A couple years ago I picked up a virus that hijacked my Google Search function and sent me to another search site- AskJeeves or something.
  • Check your browser's settings. You can turn off auto play and check block pop-up ads, but some legitimate sites may not load correctly.
  • consider getting a cyber security-antivirus app like Malwarebytes.

OP
OP

XLT and me

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Truck driver
Thanks for the info! I am not very tech savy for sure, I thought that might be the case. I will try your suggestions, much appreciated.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
  • Sounds like an adware virus. Google "how to get rid of adware virus" for answers. A couple years ago I picked up a virus that hijacked my Google Search function and sent me to another search site- AskJeeves or something.
  • Check your browser's settings. You can turn off auto play and check block pop-up ads, but some legitimate sites may not load correctly.
  • consider getting a cyber security-antivirus app like Malwarebytes.
I use add on ad blockers on my browser, works wonders.

OP
OP

XLT and me

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Truck driver
Still trying to get rid of them. I am using a chromebook, and i have tried going in and turning off different functions but i am still getting them. I guess the next step is an add-blocker. I don't get companies that do this, it is like someone who is constantly interrupting a private conversation they are overhearing. It makes me never want to look at what they are advertising, the exact opposite of what they are trying to accomplish.Going to have my son check my computer to see if he can do anything with it. Ugh, it is really annoying!

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Still trying to get rid of them. I am using a chromebook, and i have tried going in and turning off different functions but i am still getting them. I guess the next step is an add-blocker. I don't get companies that do this, it is like someone who is constantly interrupting a private conversation they are overhearing. It makes me never want to look at what they are advertising, the exact opposite of what they are trying to accomplish.Going to have my son check my computer to see if he can do anything with it. Ugh, it is really annoying!
It's the college kid operating from a laptop in their dorm or mom's basement....
"We can deliver your message to 10 million online users daily for only $X.XX a month!)" Others are of the same mentality that do graffiti, only with out the often imaginative art; "I'm going to spoil your experience or property because I can"

The ones I find are a nuisance are the legitimate websites that throw up a big popup banner a few seconds after you open their site "Get on our mailing list and receive info on our products!!!" etc.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I have Avast malware installed on my Mac......no adds here!
iOS I use Adblock plus. Don’t see them on any website. Some request to turn it off in order to proceed. Not so here
I guess I'm lucky as I haven't installed anything on my MacBook Pro laptop and haven't seen any pop up ads. I don't use my iPhone for the forum all that much but even when I do I never see them on that either.

?Maybe having a damper and using 303 keeps them away??

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
I guess I'm lucky as I haven't installed anything on my MacBook Pro laptop and haven't seen any pop up ads. I don't use my iPhone for the forum all that much but even when I do I never see them on that either.

?Maybe having a damper and using 303 keeps them away??
I was only experiencing this on my iPad or iPhone... Until today. Now experiencing this in the bottom right of Firefox on my PC as well.

1655747153532.png
Sponsored