OP
OxyGenIII

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST maybe Ranger in a couple days.
Decided to jump ship,

With the 0% apr financing, my Z plan discount, and an additional $600 rebate an F150 XLT 302A with a bunch of add ons ends up being cheaper than another Ranger. (Well at least cheaper after the payments are done than the Ranger Tremor). Almost a no brainer.

Picking up the truck tomorrow. Signed all the paperwork today. I'll share pics when I get it tomorrow.
Screenshot_20211011-204003_Drive.jpg
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Congrats on the new F150 Corey! :champagne:

That's a good deal considering the times we're in and hopefully you'll still stop back here once in a while. Post some pictures when you have time.

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger ˋ19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
I will be going to the dealership tomorrow to grab all the parts and accessories off that I want. the suspension is wrecked so that is staying, 2 of the 4 wheels are wrecked so I'm just gonna leave the other 2 on there but I will grab everything else.

I will grab my custom license plates, I will grab my full size spare tire with a brand new tire on it, and I will grab my rock sliders and my brand new exhaust and I already took the tuner off and unmarried that.
Maaaan, what a mess. I would have taken the rear window and the tailgate… but shipping to europe would be impossible at theese times.:rolleyes:

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Polū (Hawaiian for Blue) is going to be no more.

Got in a car accident September 6th, back and fourth back and fourth with insurance and the dealerships bodyshop and now I was told I have the option to total it or fix it with used parts.

Originally it wasn't expected to be that bad. Almost a month of back and fourth before the option came up.

The suspension was hit so hard but the frame was straight as an arrow. Laser measured and determined no frame damage. .....but, because they need to put a new shock mount on the vehicle because it was hit so hard and Ford said that you can't weld onto the frame for safety purposes.

So I can either replace the entire frame with a used frame, new doors, new fender, etc, or if they put a new front half of the frame it'd be considered totalled.

I already waited a month for this decision, and an estimate to fix the truck and replace the frame is 2 to 3 months.

Sadly I am not able to wait that long nor do I want to.

I am currently looking at other new Rangers but stock is slim where I am and will continue to search for another one.

They offered me a great offer that I couldn't pass up on my Ranger so it's a no brainer.
PSX_20210831_181804.jpg
PSX_20210831_181852.jpg
PSX_20210613_162858.jpg
20210907_144451.jpg
20210907_144117.jpg
20210907_151914.jpg
20210907_151924.jpg
20210907_151928.jpg
20210907_151903.jpg
20210908_085755.jpg
20210908_085828.jpg
20210908_085843.jpg
20210908_085903.jpg
Sorry to hear about your rig, brah. You will get another. Good thing no one is seriously hurt.

Reactions: Doc

OP
OP
OxyGenIII

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice looking F150, boy that is huge compared to the Ranger. Good luck with it and hopefully the F150 forum won't make you go broke like this one does. ? :piggybank:
I honestly feel like sticking around here. Haha. I feel like the f150 forums could be overwhelming.

I think I'll start with mild stuff, tint, leveling kit, bed cover, debating if I want to tune it. Probably not. I couldn't imagine filling the entire 36 gallon tank with 93 octane. I'd be broke. Wheels and tires would follow.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I honestly feel like sticking around here. Haha. I feel like the f150 forums could be overwhelming.

I think I'll start with mild stuff, tint, leveling kit, bed cover, debating if I want to tune it. Probably not. I couldn't imagine filling the entire 36 gallon tank with 93 octane. I'd be broke. Wheels and tires would follow.
You should stick around here, we'll help you spend your money. ?

But here's the 1 million dollar question...Do they still have the integrated damper in the taillights? If so you don't need to waste your money on anymore mods, you already have the best one! :bandit:

OP
OP
OxyGenIII

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You should stick around here, we'll help you spend your money. ?

But here's the 1 million dollar question...Do they still have the integrated damper in the taillights? If so you don't need to waste your money on anymore mods, you already have the best one! :bandit:
Yes they do. It's neat. I never knew they had that. I was looking for an external damper and it's built in to the hinge on the tailgate I guess. Remote tailgate release too though I'm too poor to buy a Lariat and have the power up/down function. Only goes down on its own.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yes they do. It's neat. I never knew they had that. I was looking for an external damper and it's built in to the hinge on the tailgate I guess. Remote tailgate release too though I'm too poor to buy a Lariat and have the power up/down function. Only goes down on its own.
My Tacoma had the integrated damper, it was the first time I've ever seen this. This is how I became a damper junky. ?

Corey, now you're just teasing me with the power up/down function. I think I'm getting a little excited now. ? :shock::giggle:

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
It's pretty. I do love the tech in the f150s. But I see folks with their rangers parked in garages and they barely fit, and the f150s would be delegated to the driveway. I don't have that problem, but they are still huge, IMO.

Nice truck though. Glad you found a replacement for the DOA ranger, RIP.

OP
OP
OxyGenIII

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's pretty. I do love the tech in the f150s. But I see folks with their rangers parked in garages and they barely fit, and the f150s would be delegated to the driveway. I don't have that problem, but they are still huge, IMO.

Nice truck though. Glad you found a replacement for the DOA ranger, RIP.
Ya we have a home remodel project going on, our garage is deeper on one side vs the other so now I have to park on the left vs the right when I had my Ranger. Well, my new truck is outside for a few days until the giant roll off is taken away and then I'll puzzle it in there.

I think the truck is 19' 6" and my garage on that side is 21' 6" so I "should" be ok of I didn't read the size wrong.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Ya we have a home remodel project going on, our garage is deeper on one side vs the other so now I have to park on the left vs the right when I had my Ranger. Well, my new truck is outside for a few days until the giant roll off is taken away and then I'll puzzle it in there.

I think the truck is 19' 6" and my garage on that side is 21' 6" so I "should" be ok of I didn't read the size wrong.
That's funny. My wife is an architect, and she designed a house for her parents at the beach. One side of the garage was bigger for his boat. I bet that would be great for the new trucks nowadays. :)
Sponsored