Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got pod lights installed at my A Pillar. Used the mount by fordrangerlifts and mounted up a set of Rigid Industries flood lights. Don't plan on flying down trails so started with the floods. I ended up running the wires through the grommet on the drivers side that the hood release and the wire loom go through. Was able to use an arrow with a broadhead attacked to cut through the rubber to pass the wires through. Pain in the butt, but no drilling required. Will do a final adjustment when it get dark tonight.

20200201_142055.jpg

20200201_142110.jpg

20200201_142115.jpg

20200201_142126.jpg

20200201_142142.jpg
Sponsored

Junior Blue

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightening Blue Ranger Lariat Crew
Finally got pod lights installed at my A Pillar. Used the mount by fordrangerlifts and mounted up a set of Rigid Industries flood lights. Don't plan on flying down trails so started with the floods. I ended up running the wires through the grommet on the drivers side that the hood release and the wire loom go through. Was able to use an arrow with a broadhead attacked to cut through the rubber to pass the wires through. Pain in the butt, but no drilling required. Will do a final adjustment when it get dark tonight.

20200201_142055.jpg

20200201_142110.jpg

20200201_142115.jpg

20200201_142126.jpg

20200201_142142.jpg

Junior Blue

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eric
I like your lights. I'm thinking of putting lights in my front bumper. What did you use to make a hole in that gromit?
How did you get to the gromit?
Thank s for any guidance you can give me.
Pete

OP
OP
RVA Overland

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I used an arrow with a hunting broadhead since they are sharp. To find the grommet go straight back from the battery and to the firewall it is down about 12 inches on the wall. After I made the cut in the rubber I was able to push a wire through from inside as a fish to pull the wires for the lights through.
Eric
I like your lights. I'm thinking of putting lights in my front bumper. What did you use to make a hole in that gromit?
How did you get to the gromit?
Thank s for any guidance you can give me.
Pete

Junior Blue

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used an arrow with a hunting broadhead since they are sharp. To find the grommet go straight back from the battery and to the firewall it is down about 12 inches on the wall. After I made the cut in the rubber I was able to push a wire through from inside as a fish to pull the wires for the lights through.

Junior Blue

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank You. I expect to be working on mine next week. Did you have to get under the truck to make the hole i the grommet?
Thanks again
Pete

OP
OP
RVA Overland

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Thank You. I expect to be working on mine next week. Did you have to get under the truck to make the hole i the grommet?
Thanks again
Pete
Nope, I was able to push from above. The arrow made it long enough. You will not be able to cut it without something long enough to reach. Your hand will be useless

Junior Blue

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok Thank You again.
Hi Eric
I got my auxiliary driving lights installed between yesterday and today.I used one of my wife's steak knives and went in through the cab.Was a real pain to get the wires through, i made it.
Thank you for all your advice.and pointers.
Pete

OP
OP
RVA Overland

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Eric
I got my auxiliary driving lights installed between yesterday and today.I used one of my wife's steak knives and went in through the cab.Was a real pain to get the wires through, i made it.
Thank you for all your advice.and pointers.
Pete
Awesome, glad u got it done. Getting the wires through was a big pain. Now u just need to figure out the switch install. I put the lightforce facia in tonight, just need to hook the switch up.

Junior Blue

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome, glad u got it done. Getting the wires through was a big pain. Now u just need to figure out the switch install. I put the lightforce facia in tonight, just need to hook the switch up.

Junior Blue

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm going with the Cllena Car/Truck round rocker switch. I took out the cig. lighter on the driver side, and inserted the switch in that hole. The switch has a little blue LED in it. I like it.
Thanks again for all your help.
Pete

auright808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5G Ranger
Have you noticed any more wind noise with the new lights installed?