Placement of E-ZPass Transponder

1551retired

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
For those of you who use E-ZPass, where have you placed your windshield transponder? It obviously can't be located above the mirror. There is some sort of visual screening built into the windshield around the mirror. Will this cause interference with the transponder? I would love to see some pictures of your installation. Thanks.
Sponsored

ClamCakes

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Saber XLT SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
I put mine right below the lane monitoring. seems to work fine!

JACER

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
I place mine to the right of the rear view mirror & below the black mesh screening. This is also the location the Florida Sun-Pass shows on their website. It works. "GO SUNPASS" lights up every time driving past the collection booth.

I cannot see the Sun-Pass on the windshield when it is in place.

OP
OP
1551retired

1551retired

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I place mine to the right of the rear view mirror & below the black mesh screening. This is also the location the Florida Sun-Pass shows on their website. It works. "GO SUNPASS" lights up every time driving past the collection booth.

I cannot see the Sun-Pass on the windshield when it is in place.
Thanks. Being kind of low, does it block the passenger side view? Can you post a picture?

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Thanks. Being kind of low, does it block the passenger side view? Can you post a picture?
I put it there also. Definitely encroaches on passenger view, but it was the only spot that didn't interfere with driver view...

VainoN

First Name
Vaino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, Factory Five Cobra
Occupation
Tech Management
Actually, I just put it next to the mirror/lane tracker on the black dot painted section. I had placed on the painted section on my previous car without issue. I have one used it once (only have had the car a few days), and it worked fine. I'll double check on my next use, but I see no reason the paint would prevent its function.

What make one think the paint is anything more than paint? Did I miss something? :)

OP
OP
1551retired

1551retired

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Actually, I just put it next to the mirror/lane tracker on the black dot painted section. I had placed on the painted section on my previous car without issue. I have one used it once (only have had the car a few days), and it worked fine. I'll double check on my next use, but I see no reason the paint would prevent its function.

What make one think the paint is anything more than paint? Did I miss something? :)
I wasn't sure if it is paint or some metallic coating that might interfere with the RF.

VainoN

First Name
Vaino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, Factory Five Cobra
Occupation
Tech Management