Pizza Cutters

Oregon Comrade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Just make sure you get a tire with enough load rating to haul whatever you'll be towing. One place where wider tires do have a definite advantage is load rating. Just throwing it out there.
Load Rating has a bigger influence than width. Practically speaking, with our trucks and most, the taller skinny tires in Load Range E are a better fit and have higher capacity than a wider Load Range C tire.
Sponsored

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
Load Rating has a bigger influence than width. Practically speaking, with our trucks and most, the taller skinny tires in Load Range E are a better fit and have higher capacity than a wider Load Range C tire.

right, you'd need to be careful if you're looking at a skinny tire that's a C load.... might be running near its weight limits.

bluetruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
I also just found out Kenda makes their new KR601 in a 33x10.5 17 and 35x10.5 17.
Super awesome sizes IMO, and it's supposed to be a really rugged and good performing off road tire.
Yes I saw these too I hope someone buys them so I can see em!

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
Does anyone run a tall & skinny "pizza cutter" tire setup? Specifically a 255/85/16 or equivalent (33x10)? More specifically on a 0mm offset wheel?

I'm planning on buying a new/leftover ranger next month, and pretty much immediately installing new wheels & proper tires that fit the description above. Ill also be installing a 3" level, and potentially get the rear up 1" if need be.

Does anyone have experience with this setup? Just wondering about rubbing and such. From what I've read, seems like It would work with either no crash bars or aftermarket bars.. just not sure.

Thanks guys

Abjectwoe

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
I run the same size, but on a 17. I think the rubbing is tire dependent. I run AT3Ws and removed my front crash bars.

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
Does anyone run a tall & skinny "pizza cutter" tire setup? Specifically a 255/85/16 or equivalent (33x10)? More specifically on a 0mm offset wheel?

I'm planning on buying a new/leftover ranger next month, and pretty much immediately installing new wheels & proper tires that fit the description above. Ill also be installing a 3" level, and potentially get the rear up 1" if need be.

Does anyone have experience with this setup? Just wondering about rubbing and such. From what I've read, seems like It would work with either no crash bars or aftermarket bars.. just not sure.

Thanks guys
I wish there were more tire options for pizza cutter sizes. Tires get expensive and limited in those sizes unfortunately.

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
I run the same size, but on a 17. I think the rubbing is tire dependent. I run AT3Ws and removed my front crash bars.
Cool thanks for the input

I wish there were more tire options for pizza cutter sizes. Tires get expensive and limited in those sizes unfortunately.
Your not kidding lol, gonna have to spend a couple hundred more than I would like but whatever.. gotta pay to play I guess.

It would be nice if there were some Chinese options, ive had good luck with chinese mud tires.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Cool thanks for the input

Your not kidding lol, gonna have to spend a couple hundred more than I would like but whatever.. gotta pay to play I guess.

It would be nice if there were some Chinese options, ive had good luck with chinese mud tires.
Where in Maine are you? Best prices I've found for tires are at this shop in Nashua, NH.

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
Where in Maine are you? Best prices I've found for tires are at this shop in Nashua, NH.
What shop would that be? I have a local second-tier tire dealer near me with very competitive pricing. Tire Guys, on NH-11 in Farmington. He will get the big name brands if you ask, but he sells to a lot of commercial guys for snow plows, etc., that don’t need great highway performance, and they seem to buy whatever puts the most money in their pockets.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
What shop would that be? I have a local second-tier tire dealer near me with very competitive pricing. Tire Guys, on NH-11 in Farmington. He will get the big name brands if you ask, but he sells to a lot of commercial guys for snow plows, etc., that don’t need great highway performance, and they seem to buy whatever puts the most money in their pockets.
Nashua Wholesale Tire on Temple St. There's another tire shop in town that f's with googles results to be the top result for Wholesale Tire in Nashua, but if it's not on Temple St. it's not the right one.

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
I just installed these...

Sxs3aM2hApFcLnjZBZSxAzIg=w2325-h1743-no?authuser=0.jpg

Does this count as a pizza cutter? It's comparable to the stock width, but at least 3" taller. And at least $100 more expensive.

AuRo9Qsy4NQTOvULClP50AGQ=w2325-h1743-no?authuser=0.jpg

It's a good look, though.

-Tom
Id say they're pizza cutters. What front bumper is that?

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
I'm about an hour up the turnpike from the state line.

I've honestly always got the best deals by buying online.
Last few times I bought tires at this shop I paid about $2 more a tire than getting them online and then bringing them in to be mounted.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I just installed these...

Sxs3aM2hApFcLnjZBZSxAzIg=w2325-h1743-no?authuser=0.jpg

Does this count as a pizza cutter? It's comparable to the stock width, but at least 3" taller. And at least $100 more expensive.

AuRo9Qsy4NQTOvULClP50AGQ=w2325-h1743-no?authuser=0.jpg

It's a good look, though.

-Tom
Tom,

Do you drive much on dirt roads, or gravel road base? Those KO2 BFG's are rock throwing sons-a-bitches.

I had them on my previous daily driver, a Tacoma TRD. Where I worked the entire driveway and parking lot was road base. Sounded like somebody was shooting the truck with bird shot for the first 1/4 mile on the way home.
Sponsored