Picked this up a couple weeks ago

SDXLT

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX4
It’s been a long journey to a truck for me. Started with a Lightning order. Then when it was apparent Lightning Pro didn’t exist I cut a deal with my dealership for no markup on a Maverick XLTremor order. I couldn’t afford anything but the Pro Lightning and the prices kept going up and up. I started feeling like the Tremor wasn’t going to be much better than a Ranger from gas mileage perspective and with used car prices coming back down to earth I started looking at used Rangers. My dealership got this 2021 XLT 302A with FX4, Tech and tow package on the lot with only 11k miles on it and I was able to get it for a price I liked. So far I’m a very happy camper and am fighting the bug to mod. I did put a damper on the tailgate already.

A5369FE5-0622-4F8F-8BF6-6AC3D6303C45.jpeg
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I had no need to rush he already has a damper. ?

Welcome to the funny farm @SDXLT. I'm sure you've been reading up (you already have the best mod!) so you know what to expect. :crazy:

OP
OP
SDXLT

SDXLT

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX4
I am going to be off roading in the desert so am trying to figure out what size shoes to go with and what suspension. I am thinking Fox 2.0 FP with 265/70 on the stock 17’s but I keep getting prodded to go 33’s by my buddy with a F150Raptor. Lights are at the bottom of the priority list.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
I am going to be off roading in the desert so am trying to figure out what size shoes to go with and what suspension. I am thinking Fox 2.0 FP with 265/70 on the stock 17’s but I keep getting prodded to go 33’s by my buddy with a F150Raptor. Lights are at the bottom of the priority list.
The Fox are good. But so are the Eibach and Bilstein. Get with Frank @Stage3Motorsports and see what kind of deals they have.

OP
OP
SDXLT

SDXLT

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX4
The Fox are good. But so are the Eibach and Bilstein. Get with Frank @Stage3Motorsports and see what kind of deals they have.
I picked up an Eibach pro-truck 2r kit with Icon UCAs and BDS shackles for the rear from Offer-up for a great deal. Now I need to find time to install

OP
OP
SDXLT

SDXLT

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX4
Also, anyone have a recommendation for a CAI that can handle the dust of off roading in the desert?

my wallet isn’t feeling empty enough yet.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I think you’d be happy with either the Mishimoto or the Roush CAI.

Although, these are both likely illegal mods in CA (for off-road use only). :confused:

Mishimoto replaces the entire air filter box and intake scoop with a single-piece unit and I think they come with two washable filters, one that can be oiled, the other is dry.

The Roush replaces only the air filter box lid and uses the OEM air scoop. It comes with a dry washable filter and there is a window in the filter box cover so you can easily see if it’s getting dirty. Installing this did not throw any codes and it would be easy to swap out for any state inspection.

I paired my Roush CAI with the one-piece aFe Power Magnum air scoop. It has a larger opening than the 2-pce OEM air scoop.

9D59642A-ED2E-4FAF-AA5A-6723AD646637.jpeg
Sponsored